Cincinnati Babies
Options

No, I'm not having twins, yes I know I'm big...

Thank goodness I'm having the baby in only 2.5 days bc my patience with nosy/rude strangers is really wearing thin.  DH caught some ppl pointing at my belly and whispering at church a few weeks ago.  Today Jen and I took the kids to Glenwood Gardens and I overheard some women talking about me and one said "she must be having twins."  Then right after that at McDonald's, the cashier asked if I was just having one and then said "that's gonna be a big baby!"  I can't even count the number of times in the past couple of weeks that I've been told what a big baby it's going to be.  I want to reply "oh are you a midwife or L &D nurse?" but instead I smile and say "well, my first was 9 pounds..."  I am fully aware of how big my belly is...I have to wash it, dress it, find room for it behind the steering wheel, etc...  

And while I do expect to have a big baby, I don't really see how it's necessary for anyone (especially a stranger) to point it out to me.   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: No, I'm not having twins, yes I know I'm big...

• Options
    Those comments are SO hard to take in the last few weeks.  Like you said, thankfully it's only a couple more days!  I hope you are feeling well otherwise and staying as comfortable as possible.......we'll be hearing Arlo's birth story soon! 
    Justin Thomas joined us on 8.4.07
    Tyler Anthony arrived on 9.21.09
    imageimage
    imageimage
    The Chronicles of Justin and Tyler
  • Options
    People, especially strangers, can be so rude.  I'd probably turn around and ask them when they were due, lol. My stepfather, when I was 8 months pregnant, proceeded to tell me several times on Thanksgiving how HUGE I was.  Aww gee thanks, that's exactly what I want to hear. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yea, the last time I had people start asking me if I was having twins in the FIRST trimester. Fun times.
  • Options
    I got that all the time too.  It is so annoying.  Good luck with everything - I can't wait to see some cute baby pics.  And I love the name Arlo!
  • Options

The woman at freaking Motherhood Maternity asked me if I was having twins and told me my baby was going to be early/big when I was pregnant. I wanted to say, "You work with pregnant women all day. Shouldn't you know better?"

I'm sure since you're short, your belly looks bigger. Plus I think people are  so used to seeing TV versions of pregnancy (like Jennifer Aniston's fake, cute little pregnant belly on "Friends") they don't realize what real women look like at 9 months pregnant. Still, that's no excuse for the rudeness. Two more days!

Photo by Melissa Nicole Photography

imageimage
  • Options
    Hang in there and try not to kill anyone in the next 2.5 days :)  The end is rough but you will be holding your precious baby in just a few days and that will make it totally worth it!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    awww boo on them! i thought you looked super good when i saw you the other day!! It was good to meet you by the way!!! Best of luck on monday! I will be thinking about you!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Ugh. Some people just don't know when to shut it. :-)

I thought you looked great when I ran into you. Very pregnant...of course! But you wear it well and looked lovely. I'm looking forward to hearing your big news on Monday. I'm excited for you guys!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"