Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Punk, are you still here?

Just a quick random bottle question, lol

I may be wrong but I *think* I remember seeing in your blog way back when that Aidan was still taking a bedtime bottle at...oh I don't know how old she was then...2 maybe?  Is that right or am I totally wrong?

I'm just curious, because dd still takes a bedtime bottle.  I have no problem with it.  It relaxes her, she loves it, she doesn't use it to fall asleep, she doesn't ask for it in the middle of the night or any other time during the day.   But now that #2 is on the way, I'm wondering if I need to try and push her to get rid of it.  Did Aidan drop that bottle on her own?  Any advice  you have would be great!  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Punk, are you still here?

• um, no. aidan still has a water bottle at night ;)

do i care? no. bc i am not one to FORCE things when it comes to comfort. i would never take away a kids lovey, kwim?

anyway, after it was switched to water, then i didnt care. most people on the older boards let their kids have a sippy cup of water in bed or a glass of water by their bed - so how is it any different? its not hurting her or her teeth. she obviously uses an open faced cup all.day.long lol  she just takes swigs out of a bottle at nighttime.

i think it will be WORSE to try to get her to get rid of it now bc she'll see the new baby with it? but i dunno. dh and i talked about it tonight and we're going to let her pick out "bedtime cups" and toss her bottles after reese gets here. but with 2 siblings for her in the past 2 years, the last thing i wanted was jealousy :)

aidan kincaid (12.19.06) sawyer grace (7.30.08) 
    reese madeline (5.11.10) miller paige (2.6.12)
    girl #5 due december 2013.

13 galveston1

IG: punkfictionv4

• Gotcha, sorry about that.  I guess I assumed it was milk. 

I'm just not sure if I should try to get rid of it now, so that when the baby is here it won't be such a big deal anymore.  Or if I should just wait and continue to leave it up to her.  I feel the same as you when it comes to taking away comfort items, which is why I really had no plans to take it away.  But getting pg again made me start questioning it....

Thanks for the input!

• Loading the player...
  • it was milk for a while. then we 1/2 and 1/2'd it. then finally water.

here's my idea on it - try watering it down. if she takes it, then great. sloooowly just put water in it. then switch off them when she's ready. 

is it worth the tears? probably not. is it hurting anyone? certainly not. its hard bc at 2, they only understand part of it, kwim? now at 3 (after reese comes and her world is rocked again haha), i can say "no, this is a big girl cup. bc you are a big girl" and she will understand 100x more than a year or so ago.

aidan kincaid (12.19.06) sawyer grace (7.30.08) 
    reese madeline (5.11.10) miller paige (2.6.12)
    girl #5 due december 2013.

13 galveston1

IG: punkfictionv4

• I'll try that, thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"