Pre-School and Daycare

Woah- 20/20 about drinking moms/wives. . . sad/gross

I'm watching the 20/20 episode right now about women who became binge drinkers/alcoholics (not even sure how to classify them?). But the 1st one was a career driven mom who was totally stressed out and started drinking once she became a SAHM. She was talking about how much harder it was to make the transition. I know it's been hard both times I've been on mat. leave, but I don't think I'd think gee, how about a glass of wine at 9:30 a.m. ??? ewwww. Another mom got to the point she left the house early in the morning and drank an entire 6-pack of beer! Sadness. At least it seems like all of these women got help so that's good.

Wine in your coffee mug, anyone? lol, you'd have to pry my Starbucks out of my hand!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Woah- 20/20 about drinking moms/wives. . . sad/gross

• That's so sad. I'd take starbucks over alcohol anytime. Maybe that's sad too. Lol
  • imageStacieErin:
    That's so sad. I'd take starbucks over alcohol anytime. Maybe that's sad too. Lol

Not unless it sounds desirable to have a hang-over w/ screaming children surrounding you.  Indifferent

Ha- as I wrote that the one was talking about waking up w/ a hang-over w/ 3 kids at home. ewwww. 

• Loading the player...
  • Isn't it sad that people will waste their lives and their time with their children in childhood being drunk 24/7? Such a sad thing. I think it's about feeling lonely and disconnected. (the whole SAHM one) I have been a SAMH for years and sometimes you feel worthless and lonely for friends. I could see how someone would let go into that.
  • The thought of alcohol in the morning makes my tummy do flip flops. ewww... and a hangover with small children sounds like a form of torture! 
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • There was a mom at the playground a few weeks ago who had booze in her water bottle and she wasn't shy about it.  It was around 4 in the afternoon but it still seemed a little strange to be drinking while watching your children play.  She kept joking that it was her happy hour.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • It's an addiction and not something they can control.  If they could control it, they wouldn't be doing it.  Not something I would classify as gross.  Sad, yes.  What I think is really sad is that these women must feel so much pressure to be the perfect mom that they have to drink to make it manageable for them.   
    DS1 age 7, DD age 5 and DS2 born 4/3/12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"