Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

? about extended RF with a Britax Marathon

DS is 23 months (tomorrow) and is still rear facing, middle seat, with a seatbelt in his Britax Marathon. I plan to keep him this way until I dont know. I have no plans to turn him at this point.

As I mentioned the seat is attached with the seatbelt and the anchor thing that goes from the back of the seat to the back of the front seat (confused?).

I feel like his seat is tipping back too much/a little. I have the anchor strap pretty tight which doesnt make him upright, but very reclined. The base of the seat even looks a little tipped up.

Regardless I am going to take it all out tomorrow and reinstall it. I am seeing my brother who is a police officer tomorrow too, so he can help. But I feel like this always happens with our seat.

Has anyone else noticed this? Fixed this? Thought about this?
TIA!

Like giveaways? Like my blog!
www.facebook.com/TryVermontFirst
I love these two beautiful children!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: ? about extended RF with a Britax Marathon

• I am also confused about this anchor thing you speak of....We have the same seat but it is on the passenger side, not middle....and no anchor. I've never seen one that way. I have NO idea about it and maybe I am doing it wrong but that sounds like the reason the back of the seat would be tipping.
  • Both of my boys (11 months and 2 years) are still rear-facing in their Marathons, and we use the anchor/tether strap. We have a minivan, so they are in the middle row in captain seats. I think it is a great feature and adds extra safety to the seats. It is one of the reasons I love these seats. I thought it was even recommended in the manual it came with to use it in the rear-facing position. I mean DS' seat is reclined, but aren't all seats in the rear-facing position pretty reclined? So I guess I'm not sure I understand your question.

https://www.britaxusa.com/safety-center/superior-energy-management/energy-absorbing-versa-tether

ETA: FWIW, we use the LATCH rather than the seat belt.

Logan David 03.27.08
    Jacob Riley 05.18.09
    {Member since 2007}
  • Loading the player...
  • imagehj_1235:
    I am also confused about this anchor thing you speak of....We have the same seat but it is on the passenger side, not middle....and no anchor. I've never seen one that way. I have NO idea about it and maybe I am doing it wrong but that sounds like the reason the back of the seat would be tipping.

No, the RF tether isn't the problem.  Britax's are one of only 2 seats that allow RF tether.  This is a huge safety bonus in my book and part of the reason I own 3.  

To OP: I'm not exactly sure.  Try re-installing and moving the seat as close to the bight (place where car seat and back come together) as possible.  It could be the incline of your car's seat.  You could try moving the seat to another position (outboard) and see if that makes a difference.  The fact that he is still RF provides way more protection than being in the center at this point.  If you can get a better install outboard, it's safer.  Can you install with LATCH outboard?

• Thanks for the advice. I want to keep DS in the middle seat, which does not have the latch feature. What is better... the middle, or the latch? For me it's the middle. I will reinstall tomorrow and see if it helps. I can always bring it to the PD to be checked. Thanks again!
    Like giveaways? Like my blog!
    www.facebook.com/TryVermontFirst
    I love these two beautiful children!
  • imageVTbride05:
    Thanks for the advice. I want to keep DS in the middle seat, which does not have the latch feature. What is better... the middle, or the latch? For me it's the middle. I will reinstall tomorrow and see if it helps. I can always bring it to the PD to be checked. Thanks again!

I dont know if this helps or makes it worse, but when we took out britax advocate with the tether and seatbelt to be inspected, she told us latch makes a tighter installation in most cars and behind the passenger seat was statistically as safe as middle once they are out of infant seats. I really wanted to use latch, so I opted to move him to the side.

2vc9jsg.jpg

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"