Parenting after a Loss
Options

Recommend your digital SLR

I am taking all my photos with a little Canon ELF...and I miss the days of having my manual 35 mm.  The indoor photos I am taking are so grainy since I up the ISO to 1600. 
Mia Elizabeth 8/19-8/20/08 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Recommend your digital SLR

• Options
    I think the Canon DSLR Rebels are nice for their price.  Are you wanting to do digital or stay 35mm?
    accordingtoabby.com" "From of suffering emerges the strongest souls. The most massive characters are seared with scars." Kahlil Gibran
  • Options
    Digital.  I have a 35 mm SLR that is a Canon Rebel
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Do you recommend a certain model?
  • Options

Go to a camera store and hold them. I prefer Nikon and some people prefer Canon. It's personal preference really. The nikon d3000 is a good entry level nikon to check out. You can get a fantastic 35mm 1.8 nikkor lens for that camera for about $200.

ETA: If you want something more than just the entry level, I'd go with the d90 as it comes with a lot more features than the other camera but it's a few hundred more.

After 2 m/cs, dx October 2008 with hetero factor v leiden & mthfr & low progesterone; third time was the charm - BFP 3/19/09 on first cycle of clomid. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I LOVE my Rebel! 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers 1st m/c July 2008, 2nd m/c December 2008, Baby boy born in 2009!, 3rd m/c (c/p) June 2011, 4th m/c September 2011
  • Options
    Love, love my Nikon. I also had an elf for such a long time but was so frustrated trying to get high quality pics of DD. I have the D40, so not as fancy as some of the other ones, but it takes awesome pics- very clear and my fav feature (and main reason for getting the camera) is the kid feature. The icon is a little kid, and it actually captures the little buggers as they're running around so you don't just have blurs all over the place ;)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I love my Nikon D3000.  Easy to use and takes great pictures...  My sister is a professional photographer and recommended it to me.  She has one that she uses when she doesn't want to drag around her huge cameras and lenses. 
    Prolactinoma, Hypothyroidism, PCOS m/c 8-19-08 @ 9wks 3d
    "And where was I before the day that I first saw your lovely face? Now I see it everyday and I know that I am the luckiest."
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"