New to The Bump

TTC with an irregular period

When I was in high school, I had a weird menstrual cycle. I would randomly miss months, and then I would have a period of an odd color and consistency for a month or two (sorry for the gross info). I then went on a very low-dosage BC pill to keep things regular.

I've been off of BC for about a year now. My period stabilized to coming every other month (so, for example, this year I had my period February 1, then my next one came March 26ish). I didn't mind the long cycle because it was actually stable. However, after two weeks (April 14), I had my period again. 

My husband and I are trying to get pregnant, and I have no idea how to try and time things. When my cycle was 8 weeks I had an idea, but now I have no clue what to expect. Any advice out there?

Thanks ladies!
image image image

Re: TTC with an irregular period

• I think a lot of ladies on here start with reading "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" or TCOYF, as you will see it in shorthand on here.  Here is a website for the book: https://www.tcoyf.com/.  It will tell you a lot about how to understand your body and how to chart your fertility. 

I also think that it never hurts to go talk to your OB about things and see his or her advice.  Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • See your dr.

And chart.

• Loading the player...
  • I had the same problem. I talked to my OB about it since you couldn't really time out your ovulations because of the irregularity. He prescribed me clomid. It makes you ovulate at a specific time so you can make sure you have sex during that time period. The good thing about it was it worked for us the first time. Good luck!
  • imagetoverstreet:
    I had the same problem. I talked to my OB about it since you couldn't really time out your ovulations because of the irregularity. He prescribed me clomid. It makes you ovulate at a specific time so you can make sure you have sex during that time period. The good thing about it was it worked for us the first time. Good luck!

If you do this, PLEASE be monitored.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"