Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

No poop...

In three days at 8 pm. He's been tooting.

Things I've tried:

Bicycle kicking, rubbing his belly, sitting him up, laying him down, gripe water, mylocin drops, q-tip with vaseline, bulb suction...

Things I havent tried:

Your suggestions.

He is BF, and I know BF babies can go a few days without a poop, but he seems so uncomfortable... :( 

Re: No poop...

• Options
    BF babies can go a bunch of days and be okay.  Longest that I've ever heard of was 11.  My girl goes anywhere from every other day to no poo in 5 days.  So long as there's tooting his bowels are working.  All that's out the window if he's had anything besides breast milk.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options

when rubbing babies belly always rub in direction of digestion, not against. See order below (that is for baby laying in front of you)

2          3

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ped told me if lo seems uncomfortable to try giving ?an ounce or two of prune juice. ?They said after a couple days of doing that if lo still has not gone and still seems uncomfortable to try glycerin drops or something. ?I think 3 days is okay though. ?But def. do something if you think lo is uncomfortable.
  • Options

imagefanni717:
    Ped told me if lo seems uncomfortable to try giving  an ounce or two of prune juice.  They said after a couple days of doing that if lo still has not gone and still seems uncomfortable to try glycerin drops or something.  I think 3 days is okay though.  But def. do something if you think lo is uncomfortable.

We put 1oz of prune juice with 3oz BM in a bottle and gave it to DD, and she pooped twice about 20 mins, then 30 mins later.  She had been backed up for about 3 days.  She was SOOOO happy after that.  =)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageMrs. Erin:

imagefanni717:
    Ped told me if lo seems uncomfortable to try giving  an ounce or two of prune juice.  They said after a couple days of doing that if lo still has not gone and still seems uncomfortable to try glycerin drops or something.  I think 3 days is okay though.  But def. do something if you think lo is uncomfortable.

We put 1oz of prune juice with 3oz BM in a bottle and gave it to DD, and she pooped twice about 20 mins, then 30 mins later.  She had been backed up for about 3 days.  She was SOOOO happy after that.  =)

To the grocery store i go! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"