Pre-School and Daycare

How much do you pay?

I'm trying to convince DH that the fees we have been quoted for private preschool are not exhorberant by any means. We were going to do three days a week half day (8:30am- 11:30 am) and it's like $240/ month for both of the programs we were looking at. Please tell me I'm right here and that this is a reasonable price.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How much do you pay?

• Yikes, I don't know about other places but that is high for here in Ohio.  We aren't sending DD, but if we were it was only $70/month and she would go 2 days a week from 8:30-11. 

There is also a one time $30 snack fee.

(Just don't show him my response. :))

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • DD goes to an actual preschool and we pay $270 a month for 3 days from 8:30-2:30.

DS is in an MDO right now and we pay $60 a month for one day a week from 9:30-2:30. Next year he will be in MDO for two days a week from 9:00-2:00 and we will pay $160 a month.

There are no half day preschools here.

• Loading the player...
  • mid sept to mid may  - 3 half days (9a to 11:45a) or (12:45-3:30) is $3050 or $340/mo...

dc will go 3 full days next year for $ 5175  or  $575/mo... each.   that's 9a-2:30p.  

we get half off.   gotta consider col for your area.  here a catholic school runs about $5-7k a year, private school is $26k a year. when we lived in the midwest, it was much cheaper.  dd went 2 mornings a week for under $100/mo ( I believe it was around $80/month???)

• We do private pre-school 4 days a week all being full days and we pay $888/mo.

• Thanks ladies :)
  • Sounds reasonable to me if it's a good school! 
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - (C6hS)

• $220/mo for 9-2 for MTR. preschool

$150/mo for 9-2 for TR. MDO/preschool

aidan kincaid (12.19.06) sawyer grace (7.30.08) 
    reese madeline (5.11.10) miller paige (2.6.12)
    girl #5 due december 2013.

13 galveston1

IG: punkfictionv4

• I pay right around that for each of my kids in our full time, all food included daycare based preschool clases.  The Pre-K program that my older DD will be going to in the fall is $904 (around $226 a week) a month and also includes food on most days.
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
  • Holy moly! I wish the preschool we are putting Logan in was only 240/month! We are hoping that we get accepted by neccra so the air force will pay at least half of the $176/WEEK! Then again he's going 5 days a week from 8:30-3:30, snacks and meals included. Plus, they PT. But GEEZ!
  • imagerebelina1:

We do private pre-school 4 days a week all being full days and we pay $888/mo.

Holy moly!  I think I would cry everytime I wrote that check each month. lol.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • DD goes 3 days for 3 hours each.  This year it's $264 per month and next year I believe it will be $273 per month.  (Well, they attend for 9 months and you pay over 10 months, so it's really it's more accurate to say $2640/$2730 per year.)  And it's worth every penny -- I ADORE her school.  We started her at 2 days a week but she LOVED it so much we added the 3rd day.
    Pregnant with #1 with PCOS and LPD, success with mostly naturopathic treatments
    Our Thanksgiving Day baby 11/22/07

imageimageimage

Pregnant with #2 with LPD, uterine polyp/hysteroscopy, DOR (AMH = 0.17), 2 c/ps
    Our early Christmas present 12/9/10
  • I also live in Cali and we just toured a private preschool. For 3 half days it will be $110/week ($440/month) 

There is a Christian preschool I have also looked into that is $238/month for 3 half days (9am-12pm) But it is not year round and well, DH and I don't have summers off.

• It is right on... we are in Southern CA. we pay $300 for 3 days 9-12, next year DS will go 5 days 9-12 it will be $460.

What sucks is that it is more expensive than the catholic schools we are looking into for kinder!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"