Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Twin or full bed?

When you move LO to a bed, are you moving to a twin or full?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Twin or full bed?

• i am pretty sure we are just going to convert her crib, into a toddler bed, then full. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Full- here are a few reasons why

1. You have 2 guest sleep in a full and not a twin.

2. I can use DS's crib headboard as a headboard on his full bed.  I just got a new crib yesterday, so it should be all chewed up by that time.

3. I am doubtful that we will ever have our LO's share rooms, if we do I will just change the game plan.

4. I grew up with a full size bed, so that sort of seems natural to me.  DH agrees with me even though he had the top bunk most of his childhood.

• Loading the player...
  • Full
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Logan David 03.27.08
    Jacob Riley 05.18.09
    {Member since 2007}
  • whoa.  I am surprised at how many people are putting their LO's in full size beds.  Not that there is a problem with it, but I have never even heard of doing that.  I was in a twin until I moved out of my parent's house after college!
  • My kids will probably all have twin. Unless we become rich and move to a much bigger house with lots more room.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • Full - we already had the mattress from our guest room, so that decided it for us.
  • LO's rooms are too small for full beds.
  • Twin, but it was what we already had on hand.
  • Full, b/c that's what we have.  Though we may put the mattress on the floor & have her sleep on that for a while until she's use to it.
  • Her crib will be converted to a toddler bed first, then she'll be in a full.  The full is our old bed before we upgraded to a Queen, so that's why; otherwise, I probably would have purchased a twin.  But, a full will be nice if we ever want to cuddle up in bed with her to read to her or if she's not feeling well.
  • imageITeachK:
    Full, b/c that's what we have.  Though we may put the mattress on the floor & have her sleep on that for a while until she's use to it.

Same here. And when my IL's come from out of town to visit, I can put DS in a sleeping bag in our room and they can still stay with us.

• DS will move to a twin.  No need for a full since we have several other guest rooms with fulls in them.  Besides, if we have a guest, I wouldn't want to disrupt DS's schedule by taking him out of his room
  • We are waiting to decide to see if we move in the next year or two. If we don't move, then DD will have to have a twin so DCs can share thier smallish room for awhile longer. We'll just have to store her crib and use it later as a guest bed or something (or use it later when DD gets a lot older).

• imagenicolelynn00:
    My kids will probably all have twin. Unless we become rich and move to a much bigger house with lots more room.

This! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"