Breastfeeding
Options

Offering only 1 breast per feeding at night?

I read online that it maybe a good idea to only offer 1 breast per feeding so that LO can get the heavier, fattier milk and stay satisfied longer?  My night time routine for early morning feedings is offer breast #1, change diaper, offer breast #2, put to bed.  Should I offer breast #1, change, then offer the same breast for the fattier milk?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Offering only 1 breast per feeding at night?

• Options
    I changed diaper and offered both breasts at your babies age...I don't think it was until about 8 weeks when I switched to just one breast at night and then I would feed the other at the next feeding in the morning.  My DD has been STTN (9p-4a) since then.  Because the 'other' boob not being eaten in the night was so engorged by 7a, I have been pumping it after I put her back down and then offering that one first thing in morning.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I was doing what you did up until about 2 weeks. It was taking about an hour to feed Baby Bix and I was fighting to keep both of us awake. I called the LC at our hospital and she said to only feed one breast if he was passed out asleep...not to wake him to feed the other side. (She advised me to get some sleep this way as well.) He currently wakes up every 3.5 hours at night to feed...so seems to be ok!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have only ever nursed on one side since ds was born and no supply problems here yet.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"