Parenting after a Loss
Options

What the heck?

I called my insurance company this afternoon because they didn't cover any of my emergency ultrasound that I had to get a couple of weeks ago.  I have to schedule my NT scan and I wanted to make sure they would cover this procedure.  Well, they didn't cover the first ultrasound because although I went to a participating provider, only that branch isn't covered.  So I could have chosen any of the 6 other branches and they would have paid.  Seriously??  Well, at least now I know!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What the heck?

• Options

what?  that is BS!

is there anyway to get it covered since it was an emergency?  like if you can provide extra documentation or get your doctor to fill something out?

BFP#1 May 17, 2008
    Surgery for ectopic pregnancy June 3, 2008
    BFP #2 September 25, 2008
    Baby boy born June 4, 2009 at 40 weeks
    8 pounds 13 ounces and 23 inches
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP #3 February 6, 2011
    First U/S February 25, 2011 = TWINS!!!
    Boy/girl twins born October 4, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Insurance can be a PITA!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I hate insurance companies.  That sucks.
  • Options
    Yikes - that's also a little scary.  Maybe there's a doctor at that particular branch who is a liability or something....scary
  • Options
    imagelkstor:

what?  that is BS!

is there anyway to get it covered since it was an emergency?  like if you can provide extra documentation or get your doctor to fill something out?

I asked them and they said no.  Boo!

• Options
    Was this at Washington Radiology? I was going to make an appt. on Monday.... may have to look in to this!
  • Options
    Yes!  I went to the Sterling office.  Next time I have to go to the Fairfax office.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"