Military Families

Velcro Dogs

Does anyone have velcro dogs? 

Two out of the three dogs we have are velcro dogs. It's nice when I am really lonely but sometimes it gets annoying! (Like when I'm using the bathroom and they want to watch.)  

Re: Velcro Dogs

• WTF is a velcro dog?
  • imagehotmomma1:
    WTF is a velcro dog?

Dogs who strongly prefers to be near its owner. Some breeds are known for this like Golden Retrievers. 

• Loading the player...
  • I've got one--he's laying between my legs as I type.  He's had to get better since the baby arrived and DH was deployed. . . but he's happier now that he's back and is getting more attention. . .

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yes, I have one, he is always by my side, (if I didn't just repaired his bed, he would be asleep by my side right now, instead he is down on the floor sleeping on his bed, next to my feet)

He is spoiled, but is very good with kids, and I been working with him about babies, and preparing him for it, lucky for us we have several months to get him ready! 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • image~LittleOne~:

Yes, I have one, he is always by my side, (if I didn't just repaired his bed, he would be asleep by my side right now, instead he is down on the floor sleeping on his bed, next to my feet)

He is spoiled, but is very good with kids, and I been working with him about babies, and preparing him for it, lucky for us we have several months to get him ready! 

We have a very high energy dog (a Weimaraner) and we were worried about her with W.  My H brought home a blanket that we had wrapped W in right after he was born, so he still had my scent, plus a scent of his own on the blanket.  We let her sniff it out, but as soon as she tried to bite or take it from him, he told her no, in a stern but caring voice.  Then when we got home, my H went in first and put her in the backyard.  I went out to greet her by myself (because it had been 3 days and I knew she would be excited).  She knew I was in pain and was actually very loving towards me.  We brought her inside to meet the baby.  She sniffed him once and walked away.  She does VERY well with him now.  He pulls her ears and stuff and she just lays there and lets him.  It's cute to see how much they love each other. 

• imageShana419:

I've never heard of the term velcro dogs.  But yes, my dog is very attached to me.  Even more so now that I'm pregnant, she follows me every second.

YES! and I noticed that too, and my dog does not like MH touching the belly.. he will shove his head under MH hand's to stop him..  

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • image~LittleOne~:
    imageShana419:

I've never heard of the term velcro dogs.  But yes, my dog is very attached to me.  Even more so now that I'm pregnant, she follows me every second.

YES! and I noticed that too, and my dog does not like MH touching the belly.. he will shove his head under MH hand's to stop him..  

Aww, that is so cute. I guess he is protecting the baby from your H.   

• imagehotmomma1:
    image~LittleOne~:

Yes, I have one, he is always by my side, (if I didn't just repaired his bed, he would be asleep by my side right now, instead he is down on the floor sleeping on his bed, next to my feet)

We have a very high energy dog (a Weimaraner) and we were worried about her with W.  My H brought home a blanket that we had wrapped W in right after he was born, so he still had my scent, plus a scent of his own on the blanket.  We let her sniff it out, but as soon as she tried to bite or take it from him, he told her no, in a stern but caring voice.  Then when we got home, my H went in first and put her in the backyard.  I went out to greet her by myself (because it had been 3 days and I knew she would be excited).  She knew I was in pain and was actually very loving towards me.  We brought her inside to meet the baby.  She sniffed him once and walked away.  She does VERY well with him now.  He pulls her ears and stuff and she just lays there and lets him.  It's cute to see how much they love each other. 

That's what I'm hoping for with my dog (he is a dachshund) But today, he had no problem with this one year old sitting there pretty much patting him and pulling on his ears..One little problem with a the older one (about two year old) came up behind him unaware and picked him up by his hindquarters, he turned and nipped, but when I looked at the LO's hand no trace of bite marks, or anything, just scared the LO..

So we shall see how he acts later on 

• I have a Boston Terrier that has to be touching me at.all.times.  It's a little ridiculous and we are working on it, but its just his personality.  We were worried when we brought the baby home, but the two of them are the best of friends now. 
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • My husky is very spoiled rotten and very "it's all about me." And that would be my fault. I got her the day after DH left and she spent every second with me. She hates when we pet another dog or even when DH hugs his brothers or someone. She'll just jump right up in the middle and not let anybody do anything. I'm pretty worried about how she's going to be when LO arrives. She's good around kids, but she's never had to share us with any. So we shall see. Oh and if she's mad at either DH or myself she'll just ignore us...won't look at us or wag her tail or acknowledge that we're even around. Oh boy...this is making me nervous.

• We have a yellow lab and she is my shadow. She has become more attached to DH since we had DD since I am usually busy with her. She didn't seem to act differently when I was pregnant until the week I went into labor. She is a chow hound and stopped eating.
  • Have you been working with her? Getting her ready for the baby?

i.e. walking around with something wrapped up in your arms, like you are holding a baby? such things like that? 

• image~LittleOne~:

Have you been working with her? Getting her ready for the baby?

i.e. walking around with something wrapped up in your arms, like you are holding a baby? such things like that? 

Me? We've been getting her used to us holding like a two year old, but no younger babies. I am glad that she doesn't ever ever ever jump on kids. I think she realizes that they are smaller than she and she could hurt them. She'll run behind them if they're running and playing, but never jumps. I think I'll try holding a baby doll and see what she does. I hope she doesn't try to take it and run away and eat it...

• imageJoBieger05:
    image~LittleOne~:

Me? We've been getting her used to us holding like a two year old, but no younger babies. I am glad that she doesn't ever ever ever jump on kids. I think she realizes that they are smaller than she and she could hurt them. She'll run behind them if they're running and playing, but never jumps. I think I'll try holding a baby doll and see what she does. I hope she doesn't try to take it and run away and eat it...

Yes Sorry thought I thought I hit the quote button apparently I didn't. LOL yup start doing that, and play something that sounds like a baby crying, get her used to the sound of the things you are going to be using around the house for the baby (i.e. swing, bouncer) 

Just so she gets used to those sounds and don't freak out when you bring baby home and start using them and have to deal with crying baby and dog freaking out at the same time 

• image~LittleOne~:
    imageJoBieger05:
    image~LittleOne~:

Yes Sorry thought I thought I hit the quote button apparently I didn't. LOL yup start doing that, and play something that sounds like a baby crying, get her used to the sound of the things you are going to be using around the house for the baby (i.e. swing, bouncer) 

Just so she gets used to those sounds and don't freak out when you bring baby home and start using them and have to deal with crying baby and dog freaking out at the same time 

Those are good ideas. Thanks for the advice. I hope she doesn't take this too hard. She's such a good dog. Just a very spoiled one. But, she'll learn to love LO. I already have matching pumpkin outfits for them to wear on Halloween...corny I know.

• imageJoBieger05:
    image~LittleOne~:
    imageJoBieger05:
    image~LittleOne~:

Those are good ideas. Thanks for the advice. I hope she doesn't take this too hard. She's such a good dog. Just a very spoiled one. But, she'll learn to love LO. I already have matching pumpkin outfits for them to wear on Halloween...corny I know.

LOL that is so cute!! I hope you will post pictures then! I would love to see that! 

• image~LittleOne~:
    imageJoBieger05:
    image~LittleOne~:
    imageJoBieger05:
    image~LittleOne~:

LOL that is so cute!! I hope you will post pictures then! I would love to see that! 

Hehe...oh I will be AWing those pics Big Smile I was thinking about doing ladybugs, but it took me forever to convince DH to let me get a pumkin outfit for the dog...so I just went with that...lol.

• imageJoBieger05:

Hehe...oh I will be AWing those pics Big Smile I was thinking about doing ladybugs, but it took me forever to convince DH to let me get a pumkin outfit for the dog...so I just went with that...lol.

LOL if I could get away with it, I would so dress my dog as a hotdog.. (he's a dachshund)  

• image~LittleOne~:
    imageJoBieger05:

LOL if I could get away with it, I would so dress my dog as a hotdog.. (he's a dachshund)  

Aww that would be adorable. You should do it Big Smile

• imageJoBieger05:
    image~LittleOne~:
    imageJoBieger05:

If I can find a cheap one, and hide it until after DH deploys I just might.. 

• image~LittleOne~:
    imageJoBieger05:
    image~LittleOne~:
    imageJoBieger05:

If I can find a cheap one, and hide it until after DH deploys I just might.. 

I wonder what men have against dressing dogs up. Sheesh Smile

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"