Pregnant after a Loss
Options

My neighbor's father died, need some advice

DH and I want to do something for him. I didn't know the father and we're casual friends with the neighbors, they're a bit older than us (closer to my parent's age) so we're not all BFF's.

Still, we want to do something. I'll admit, I'm entirely too lazy to cook anything so don't suggest that. Big Smile thanks!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Labor Buddy to Blowfish11

Re: My neighbor's father died, need some advice

• Options
    Lol...I was totally gonna say cook but I don't even feel like making my own dinner! Maybe buy something ready made from the store. Like Carabas has chicken marsala kits that all you need to buy seperate is red onion, portabella and chicken. Send a bottle of wine and you're set. They can make it themselves  and it doesn't take forever. And add in a super pushie throw for the sake of comfort. I always felt better with a nice comfie blanket.
    Married 6/30/07, TTC 9/07,Mc 12/07, Mc #2 10/8/09,Twin boys 11/30/10, seperated 8/11image
    "Our greatest glory isn't in never falling but in rising every time we fall"
    8/24/09 3rd cycle on 50mg Clomid= BFP 9/23/09 =10/8/09 m/c #2 at 6wks 2days 3/9/10 4th Cycle on 50mg Clomid = BFP 4-5-10 200mg prometrium 2xdaily 1st beta/progesterone 10dpo=43 2nd beta 13dpo=339 u/s 4/16=5wks 3days single visible sac and fetal pole h/b 4/28=Suprise it's Twins! 150 and 127 bpm Labor Buddy to Sonadora and Strunella
    cleaning2
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Craft Blog *~* Loss/Pg Blog: PM me if you'd like to read along *~*Bfp Chart imageimage
  • Options
    I was going to say back something, but since you don't feel like cooking anything maybe you can cheat. Go to the store, buy something and then put it on a platter to look like you made them. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was gonna say cook, but pick up some take out instead. Or like a Costco or Trader Joe?s something. And a bottle of wine. Maybe two bottles of wine.
    Missed MC 1 - 11/21/2006 Missed MC 2 - 03/10/2008 BFP # 3 09/18/09 - Gabriel David born 05/11/2010 baby
  • Options
    I say take out works just as well as cooking. 
    Lilah Eve---our angel in heaven: Born sleeping 12/2/09 @ 28w3d. We love you and miss you everyday, little angel.
    Isabella Faith---Born 12/17/10 via c-section.
    Abigail Marie---Born 11/16/12 via c-section
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    What about a potted plant with a gc for dinner? 
    *~*Mommy to*~*
    BFP#1 Kaitlyn 11-17-04
    BFP #2 Matthew pPROM 23w5d 06-03-07, b/33 weeks 8-6-07, d/10-15-07 SIDS,
    BFP #3 m/c 8 weeks 2/20/09, BFP #4 m/c no hb 6w4d, m/c 9w4d, D&C 11w2d, BFP #5 C/P 12/18/09 after BFP- 9dpo
    BFP #6 Samantha- 11-9-10
    BFP #7 4/20/12 21 DPO beta: 2382 29 DPO beta: 23000! HB 6w2d 116 bpm due Christmas day!
    This Momma's Journey
    ~Today I am pregnant and I love my baby~ BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I would totally suggest food or a gift card for a meal.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    I like the gift card idea. They have tons of family over now, so I'll wait until that calms down a bit.
  • Options

My stepdad died a few years ago and here were our FAVORITE things:

1).  Disposable napkins, plates, and cups for all of the people who would be in the house over the next week. 

2). Shelf-stable snack foods (people bring lots of cooking and sweets - the nuts and things like that were nice).

3). Blank notes with address labels on them, as we used them for thank yous to people (for food, etc.)

For my buddy whose father died unexpectedly, I sent her a box of childhood candy (nerds, skittles, fizzy candy, etc.). Just to give them a teensy bit of joy. 

• Options

imageShellShockedMama:
    I like the gift card idea. They have tons of family over now, so I'll wait until that calms down a bit.

That's an awesome idea too.  :)

The other thing is: Don't feel like you need to do something NOW.  Drop off something quietly now - small - and then next week, when family filters out, take the time to stop by then with something else.  They'll need it.  The worst is when everyone leaves, kwim?

• Options

that was my plan. it's so crowded over there, i was going to wait till people left.

• Options
    imagegrr_aargh:

My stepdad died a few years ago and here were our FAVORITE things:

1).  Disposable napkins, plates, and cups for all of the people who would be in the house over the next week. 

2). Shelf-stable snack foods (people bring lots of cooking and sweets - the nuts and things like that were nice).

3). Blank notes with address labels on them, as we used them for thank yous to people (for food, etc.)

For my buddy whose father died unexpectedly, I sent her a box of childhood candy (nerds, skittles, fizzy candy, etc.). Just to give them a teensy bit of joy. 

These are great ideas. When DH's grandpa died we had tons of food. The entire table was full of food. Having paper plates and plastic cups were wonderful. If we didn't have those SIL and I would have been doing a lot of dishes. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Could your DH mow their yard?  Its something simple that needs to be done and I'm sure they'd appreciate not having to worry about it. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"