Trouble TTC

Questions about injects

I've been taking 50ml of Follistim since CD3, today is CD7. My b/w this morning showed the same levels of my CD3 b/w, so the nurse upped the dose to 100.

Two questions:

1. What do the levels mean? That my follies aren't growing in size or they're not as 'strong'?

2. Is that a bad sign that my levels were 68 before the injects and 62 after? Should higher doses help?

Thanks! I'm not used to the b/w info. I'm getting an u/s Sunday, so that will help me picture things better.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Questions about injects

• Your E2 should be about 200 for every mature follie that you have. The increase in follistim, in a typical situation, should increase your E2 levels. 

I hate to say that its a "bad sign" that you levels dropped, but it could be that your body doesn't respond well to follistim. 

When you go for your appointment on Sunday, ask your questions. They will be able to give you better answers.

Good luck! 

Our IVF Miracles! Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • imageams8099:

Your E2 should be about 200 for every mature follie that you have. The increase in follistim, in a typical situation, should increase your E2 levels. 

I hate to say that its a "bad sign" that you levels dropped, but it could be that your body doesn't respond well to follistim. 

When you go for your appointment on Sunday, ask your questions. They will be able to give you better answers.

Good luck! 

Ugh. That's what I was worried about. Is there even a chance that a higher dose could work since the levels lowered?

OK, if I normally O on my own, how does this play in? Could I not O?

And thanks!

• Loading the player...
  • I can't explain the numbers as well as some, but I can tell you that your levels will come up.

I did 75iu of gonal-f from CD2-6, my bw on CD7 was 42.5.  I had 6 small follies at that scan.  I increased to 112.5 CD7-9, then 150 CD9-11.  I triggered on CD12 with a 17 and 18, one on each side.

It might take awhile to respond, but you will respond.  Just emotionally prepare yourself that it might take more days that you were first expecting.  I personally expected to respond much quicker so I was sort of at the end of my rope after my second scan.  If you can prepare yourself to be patient, that will serve you well!

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!! 

dx PCOS on Metformin
    LO#1 - 19 cycles, 3 IUIs, 1 m/c, gonal-f, ganirelix, ovidrel, progesterone
    Totally worth the wait!
    Getting ready for #2
    Back on Met, PCOS diet, prepping for treatments 1/12

Good luck to the wonderful ladies of 3T
    Always cheering on my girls Gymnst1013 & MrsJohns
    My Chart / Info for Newbies
  • imageRileyGrace:

I can't explain the numbers as well as some, but I can tell you that your levels will come up.

I did 75iu of gonal-f from CD2-6, my bw on CD7 was 42.5.  I had 6 small follies at that scan.  I increased to 112.5 CD7-9, then 150 CD9-11.  I triggered on CD12 with a 17 and 18, one on each side.

It might take awhile to respond, but you will respond.  Just emotionally prepare yourself that it might take more days that you were first expecting.  I personally expected to respond much quicker so I was sort of at the end of my rope after my second scan.  If you can prepare yourself to be patient, that will serve you well!

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!! 

OK, thank you! :)

I was actually almost nervous that I would respond too well at first since I had 14 "possibles" on my right and 15 on my left at the CD3 u/s -- so I guess I don't have to worry about that! lol

It helps to know that yours increased when your dose did. :)

GL!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"