Success after IF
Options

when did your LO really start cutting back on BM/formula?

It's a struggle to get even 12 ounces into Avery, on top of all her solids plus two nursing sessions.

I think she's eating "enough" but it's hard to know how to read her cues. 

Re: when did your LO really start cutting back on BM/formula?

• Options

E nurses well when she first wakes up and before bed, but she's definitely less interested in her 3 bottles at daycare. It's a good day if she takes  12 total ounces. Today she had 11.

But at our 9 month appt., our pedi said she'd be happy if E got at least 18 ounces a day and I think we probably come close to that with bottles + nursing (she usually nurses once overnight still).

After 20 months, 3 Clomid cycles and 4 IUI cycles, IVF #1 with ICSI = BFP!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    She gave us quite the fight a couple of weeks ago with 8oz per bottle.  So we cut it down to 6oz per bottle (she gets 3 a day) and it goes down without a fight now.  From what I've heard this is pretty common once they start eating a lot more.  Is she getting to a point where she continues to stop?  For us, she drank the first 6 and then fought us on the last 2.  That's why we cut it down to 6 and it's smooth sailing.  See if there's a point that she gets to every time she takes that bottle.  That may be your new number.  Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We're going through the frozen BM that we have and Megan gets three 6-oz bottles and a 4-oz bottle each day.  So she's still taking 22oz which is only 2oz less than what she was taking at her highest.  Because she's small her pedi suggested we try to not drop the amount she was getting, therefore we added the small 4oz bottle in the evening.  She also doesn't really get a big lunch because we're trying to keep the afternoon bottle before naptime.  

Here's our breakdown:
    5oz of solids for breakfast 7:15
    6oz bottle  9:00 (naptime)
    small snack   12:00-1:00
    6oz bottle  2:00 (naptime)
    4-6oz solids for dinner   4:00-5:00
    4oz bottle  5:30
    6oz bottle  7:30 (bedtime)

Sometimes she won't finish a bottle and pushes it away when she's done.  And when she's done, she's done.  When she was taking smaller bottles sometimes she'd be fussy when it was empty so that was a sign that she wanted more.  

Megan Hope 2yrs 3months

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    I'm still waiting for Natalie to taper off.  She's a nursing maniac lately. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"