Oregon Babies
Options

Follow up to my grandma

So it turns out she was worse off than we thought when we got there. She was never awake. She was just being left "comfortable" and her eyes were shut and she didn't move at all. She didn't even look like my grandma. We got there Friday night and we all stayed until about 3am and then went to the hotel for some sleep. I didn't sleep at all. Saturday night at approx 7pm my grandma passed away. I wasn't there. My mom and my stepdad were by her side and she went very peacefully. All of us kids piled into my car and drove over there. I didn't get to say goodbye before she was gone, but I did get to sit and talk to her after. It made it a lot better to at least be able to say goodbye and tell her I loved her. My heart is broken but I know she's in a better place. It turns out she had cancer and had found out the week before but didn't want anyone to know. The doctors told my parents after she was gone. I'll be okay, I know she's happy and she's with her parents and her dog again. I told her to find my grandparents and tell them all about Kayleigh. I'm so glad she got to meet Kayleigh a couple times before she went. She was 80yrs old and it was totally unexpected which is why it's so hard. But thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. I really truly appreciate it.
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Follow up to my grandma

• Options

I'm sorry she passed away. But how great that you got to be there for her. At 80 years old I wouldn't call it unexpected, but I know how hard it is to lose a loved one. When my grandma passed away I lived half a world away and did not have the opportunity to say goodbye or even go to the funeral. She never got to meet my daughter even. But at the time I knew as well that she was in a better place and that she didn't have to suffer any more.

Take care.

• Options
    I was crying reading this. My Grammy died in 2005 and I didn't get to say goodbye either, but I got to talk to her after she was gone which did help. I still miss her though and I know I always will. You are so lucky she got to see Kayleigh. Hang in there and keep being strong. You will pull through and I am sure she is watching down on you and your family and protecting all of you. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Love ya! xoxo
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I am so sorry hun. I am right there with you. The only thing that's helping me is thinking of him up in Heaven and being young and healthy again! I'm glad you were able to say goodbye, that makes such a huge difference. And the fact that God gave her peace is amazing too. Please, if you want to talk, don't hesitate. You can PM me too and I'll check it often.  My thoughts and prayers are definitely with you and your family.

I bet Kayleigh is the talk of of the streets up there! She is SO beautiful!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    So sad. :(  I've been thinking about you :)
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"