Baby Showers
Options

follow on to "trying to avert a disaster" post

This is what I am talking about.  My "hostess' just sent me this one line e-mail.  The shower is tomorrow!  Not to mention, I have told her where I'm registered.  I'm not in this for presents but geez it would be nice to know that something as basic as where I am registered crossed her mind more than 24 hours before the shower. Ugh.  I'm just going to try to enjoy hanging out with some of my friends...I'm thinking it's time to download some "mocktail" recipes.

I forgot....where are you registered? I should have asked that and put it on the invitations a long time ago!

Re: follow on to "trying to avert a disaster" post

• Options
    When I have a friend who is expecting, I almost always check BRU and Target to see if they're registered there.  Whatever stores are popular in your area, I'm sure people will know to look there.  Don't worry. Just have a good time with good company!
  • Options
    total side note...love your screen name!Geeked
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

yeah, hopefully your guests have more common sense than your hostess.

did you ever figure out who was bringing the food for your DH to grill?  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageSpacebunny19:

did you ever figure out who was bringing the food for your DH to grill?  

I agree...what happened with that? The whole thing just blows my mind...(on the hostess's part).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Food Allergies to Eggs, Milk, Peanuts, Tree Nuts & Beef
    Challenged Soy and tolerated it.
  • Options
    Nope haven't figured that out.  I do know that she is wanting to go "shopping" with my other friend (the one who should have been the hostess!) tomorrow.  I am planning on calling my other friend and asking her because she will know or she will make sure it is handled right.  Hindsight is 20/20.  My DH explained friend #2 offered to do the shower also but a month after friend #1 and so he just told her to get with friend #1.  Worst case I will buy some cheap hot dogs and a package of bratwurst to be safe.  At least if they don't get used we'll eat them eventually.
  • Options
    Well, I hope it works out.  I'd touch base with responsible friend (#2?) and see what's been purchased so you don't have to run out tomorrow morning and pick stuff up. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

That is my plan.Friend #2 is reliable and I'm going to voice my concerns to her and then not think about it anymore.

I am no longer panicked about the whole thing.  At least one of my friends just happened to get in town today and just calle dto say she would be able to come. I haven't seen her since June of 08 so I am more excited about the "reunion" than worried about the stupidity.  :)

• Options
    good attitude!  have fun at the reunion/shower/BBQ and just try to relax through it!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"