Pennsylvania Babies

To register or not to...hmmm

okay, so my dd is 7.5, my dilema right now is do I create a registry or not? I have some of her baby clothes but thats really about all. We already have a crib and changing table/dresser. But we are still gonna need misc stuff and a stroller/carseat.... It is okay to make a registry or not?  I know my mil wants to have a baby shower for me which I'm kind of hesitant about, I dont want to seem greedy or anything but I also dont want to hurt her feelings if she really wants to have a party for me!

Re: To register or not to...hmmm

• You can make a registry as a running list of things you need/want. If your MIL wants to throw you a shower let her it won't hurt anything, considering your DD is 7.5, most would assume that you will need tons of stuff.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Even if you're not having a shower, I'd register. You can get a 10% completion coupon from it.  (BRU doesn't send them until your due date though so make it earlier than you're actually due).  I also think it's ok to have another shower for a smaller group of closer friends and family since it's been so long since your DD was born.
  • Loading the player...
  • Make a registry!  If not for a shower, at least for the %off coupon you'll get!

And 8 years is a long time between kids.  Things change so much and if you really stored all your burp cloths, recieving blankets, baby spoons, etc, I want your house!  People will understand, and won't think you're greedy.

• Ditto everybody else. I'm usually very anti-second-shower, but with that long in between, you definitely need new stuff! It's only greedy if your first one is still in diapers and you're registering for a new monitor, bottle warmer, exersaucer, etc.
  • Make a registry. Even if you don't tell anyone else about it, you can get a discount if you buy the items on it by a certain point.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"