Pre-School and Daycare

MIL's visit cut short!

A) She set a bad tone when we first met and she brought up DH's ex-wife almost constantly throughout the entire weekend.

B) She can't even remember how old DD is and seems to put zero thought into her.

C) She hasn't visited in 2 years. (We drove part of the way to her house last summer but had to turn around because DH's friend died, and she didn't want to reschedule).

She's coming to visit soon for a 5-day stay and just looked at her itinerary. She arrives at 10 p.m. and leaves at 7 a.m., meaning she's basically only here for 3 days. Hallelujah!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: MIL's visit cut short!

• Yikes!! Is that around a wkd when DH is home or is she all yours during the week? lol
  • imageDani123:
    Yikes!! Is that around a wkd when DH is home or is she all yours during the week? lol

He got the time off, thank goodness. He had to work the last time she visited and I told him NEVER AGAIN!

And if she smooshes DD's hands into her bday cake this year like she did the last time she came, I'm seriously going to slap her. Freaked DD out, she cried through the entire birthday song, and wouldn't touch her cake after that.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • oh poor things! We just got home from 6 days with the ILs. By the night we were leave dd1 was buckling her self into the suitcase and had a core melt down when I took her out. It wasn't till later that I realized I had told her as we were packing that everything we're taking with us is going in the suitcase. 
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Niiiiice about the visit would be shorter than you thought!  No way in hell would I let DH go off to work while she was visiting again either.
  • imageMamaNikki:
    Niiiiice about the visit would be shorter than you thought!  No way in hell would I let DH go off to work while she was visiting again either.

ditto, she sounds like a gem (((hugs))) and gl!

• THat's great news!
  • She sounds like a pleasure. lol.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Oh wow...it sounds like you're lucky that she doesn't live close.

Congrats that her stay will be shorter than expected and GL!!!!

Big E (6) & Little E (2.5)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"