Breastfeeding

sick an bfing

I havent been feeling well so I went to the doc this morning, he said I have strep and a sinus infection...double whammy! He gave me some amoxicillin and said I should feel some relief in a day or two... I havent noticed any supply issues yet but was just wondering if I should expect any issues while being sick and taking meds. 

TIA 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker image

Re: sick an bfing

• watch for Thrush!  Other than that, hope you feel better soon.
    My two PCOS miracles! Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • ibisibis member

I had to take antibiotics for a UTI and it went fine.

I picked up some probiotic Kefir because I was concerned about thrush. You're supposed to take it 3-4 hrs after your last dose and since I had to take 4 pills a day I was getting up at 2 am to drink a glass of Kefir! LOL  

• Loading the player...
  • I had a fever for 5 days (103-ish, it was bad) and I did notice a slight decrease in what I got when I pumped at work for a few days after that.  When I was with DD and she was nursing she seemed fine, though, and my supply recovered just fine within a few days.  Make sure you rest and drink plenty of fluids, as you should anyway when you're sick.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've had an upper respiratory infection since around 10 days PP (DD is 6 weeks old now).  I've not had any issues with supply.  And, nursing will keep baby from getting sick (most likely) since they will be getting the antibodies you are making against the bacteria.  Feel better!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"