Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

NTR: Anyone else think this? No black to weddings

I don't know why but I can't wear black to a wedding.  My Mom is the same way, must be where I got it from - but to me, black is for funerals, you should wear color to weddings - its a celebration!  Sorry, wedding dress post below got me thinking :)

Re: NTR: Anyone else think this? No black to weddings

• Nope not me.  I usually wear black to weddings (at least ones that are black-tie)  

If it wasn't black tie, then it would depend on the day, time, season, and place - maybe I'll add color then 

• I always wear black. :)
    Momma to three boys: Henry - 4yo Alex - 18mo Jack - born 2/23/12 at 20w due to ruptured uterus (previa and accreta resulting in hysterectomy) He only lived here on Earth for an hour, but he will live in our hearts forever. m/c #1: sept '09, m/c #2: july '10
  • Loading the player...
  • Nope I wear black to everything. I am told it's an East coast thing though just like we give cash at weddings not gifts :) 
  • I hear what you're saying...but I just don't think you can go wrong with a little black dress.  If you dress it up with some colorful accessories, it's not depressing.  Also black almost always looks sophisticated and slimming so I'm a big fan! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Well, my bridesmaids wore black and so did my mom...so I don't see anything wrong with it.  I mean, obviously don't put on the hat and veil and gloves...but black doesn't always have to be depressing.  It can also be seen as classy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My mom gave me away and wore black long, strapless dress. Men all wore black tux
  • image*Mush*:

Nope not me.  I usually wear black to weddings (at least ones that are black-tie)  

If it wasn't black tie, then it would depend on the day, time, season, and place - maybe I'll add color then 

Totally agree!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I wear black to weddings and see people do it all the time. My bridesmaids wore black dresses and everyone said they were the best looking bridal party they've ever seen :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Heh.  Black was the color of my bridemaids.  I thought it looked great.
  • My bms wore black and I see no issue with wearing it to weddings.

I also wear color to funerals though.

• I always thought this as well but since I've lived here I see tons of black being worn so I gave it a try at the last wedding I attended and loved it :)
  • I've worn black to evening weddings.

But if you're not comfortable with it, then don't do it :-) Not wearing black will probably really make you stand out, actually!

• I am no help. I LOVE black.  I had a black and white wedding. It was beautiful.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I love wearing black, it is timeless and slimming. ;)  And oddly enough, I have been invited to funerals where we are asked NOT to wear black.  They wanted it to be a celebration of life, not a mourning.
    Brooke 10.15.08 & Molly 6.15.10

Photobucket

• I'd be less likely to wear black to a midday wedding than an evening affair, but... yeah, brides have their wedding party in black all the time these days. I think black at wedding is generally okay. Even classy. :)
    DD (8), DS (5), DD (3)
    baby #4 due March '17!
  • It's weird to me to NOT wear black, lol

• i think black=formal.  funerals are formal, but so are weddings, so it is acceptable at either.  MIL wore black to our wedding, as did some others.  i only got pissed at a friend of DH's who showed up uninvited in jeans.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"