Trouble TTC

Just called for my b/w results

and this was the response of the lady "well your results are back but the midwives haven't gone over them yet and I am not capable of giving you those results, ok?"  Okay lady...so is that a nice way of saying there's something wrong and you don't want to be the bearer of bad news???  WTF!!  I got this blood drawn in MONDAY!  Come on people...results please!  Geez
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Just called for my b/w results

• Wow, that is long for bw results!  I got mine back in less than 24 hrs. 

Don't assume something is wrong, maybe the nurse was being honest.

• Hang in there, dear.
  • Loading the player...
  • My GP's office tells me that all the time. The receptionists are usually not authorized to give out any sort of results, so they have to wait for someone else.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Diagnosed with PCOS March '10 - Started 1000mg of Metformin
    After 3 unsuccessful Clomid cycles, FSH+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Time to make Emilie a big sister!

May '16 2.0: Letrozole+FSH+Menopur+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP! first beta-45.44, second beta-148

BabyFruit Ticker

• Waiting is hard.  Hang in there and hopefully you will know something soon.
  • thanks ladies.  Yes I got tons of horomone tests done, all the testosterone, prolactin, DHEA-sulfate, and all my thyroid tests...then they did a betas test due to my c/p to see if it was a blighted ovum, c/p or something else.  Not sure how that will tell them the difference...but...whatever.  I am also still spotting after 8 days.  This is ridiculous!  I thought 5 days was a long time too! 
  • I know that's a long time to wait, but that is the general policy. Only the doctor can read the results to the patients.  
    Our IVF Miracles! Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I wouldn't worry about it either. That's what my doctor does too.

• STL34STL34 member
    I'm sorry you are having to wait so long.  I do understand your frustration.  I always have to wait for the doctor to review the results with her nurse before the nurse can give me the results.  I think that is pretty standard.  I hope they give you a call soon and the results are fine.

imageimage

~SAIF/PAIF/Everyone Welcome~ 

Me= 37 and DH = 41 

Dx: DOR, Endo, APA+ (really high beta 2 glycoprotein antibody and high everything else tested), heterozygous MTHFR mutation, positive for lupus anticoagulant, high FSH, low AMH and both tubes blocked (per HSG on 3/8/11)

IVF #1 - long lupron (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 4 retrieved, 3 fertilized; ET 2 blasts and 1 frozen = BFN

IVF #2 - a version of antagonist with EPP (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized, 2 blasts and 1 frozen blast transferred on day 5 = BFN.

IVF #3 April was postponed to May, May was canceled. June/July was canceled. Had a cyst aspiration and then began IVF #3 in August. ER on 8/22; ET on 8/24 with AH. +HPT on 9/5. Beta #1 (11dpo) = 3; Beta #2 (15dpo) = 29; Beta #3 (17dpo) = 60; Beta #4 (19 dpo) = 118. Heartbeat at 6 weeks 6 days =132.  Lil is here!

TTC#2:  Trigger + TI = BFN; Clomid + Trigger + IUI = BFN.

IVF #4:  BCP + MDLF + Lovenox = 7R, 1F = Transferred 1 6-cell embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #5:  MDLF + Lovenox = 4R, 1F = Transferred 1 10-cell compacting embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #6:  (New RE):  Long Antagonist November 2014 (transferred two 8 cell grade 1 embryos and froze one blast) = BFN

FET#1:  BFN

• That is EXACTLY what they told me regarding DH's SA. That the results were in, but they'd have to give my chart back to the doctor so he could discuss those with us. And I still haven't heard back!

I know how you feel. It's so frustrating! hope you hear something soon!

My Blog

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    SAIF Always Welcome
    Diagnosed with PCOS: 10/03, On BCP to "treat" until: 7/09
    Provera to end Cycles 1-9 (anovulatory)
    Cycle #4 & 5: Clomid 50 mg FAIL
    RE Visit: 2000 mg Metformin
    Cycle 6:Forced Break, looking for androgen secreting tumor
    Cycle 7:Clomid CD 3-10, 12-17 FAIL
    Cycle 8: Clomid CD 3-10, Bravelle CD 12-24 Hyperstimmed
    New RE: Put on Byetta, lost 23 lbs
    Cycle 9: Financial Break
    Cycle 10: Femara CD 3-7, IUI CD 17 BFP on 2/14/11, m/c 3/7/11
  • I think that's just the difference between going to an RE and an OB/midwife.  When we had CD3 tests done with my midwife it definitely took a couple days... but now that we are with an RE we get results within a few hours. It's crazy!

Hang in there.

• That's frustrating!  I hope they call you soon!
  • My doctor's office is always like that...it has to be the doctor or nurse practitioner that gives me the results, even when the results are fine.  So don't assume it's bad news... ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"