Military Families

Tricare question

I am currently still working while my husband finishes TBS and so have been using my private insurance to cover doctor visits, etc for this pregnancy.  My last day is going to be June 25th so as of July 1 I will no longer have my insurance and Tricare will become my primary.  Do I need to call the PCM now or wait until July when Tricare actually becomes my primary insurance?

Thanks!

Re: Tricare question

• You want to go ahead and make for sure that the PCM that you are going to request is taking new patients. You can just call and ask the receptionist who answers and they'll let you know.

You will automatically be on Standard. If you want Prime you'll need to submit your paperwork by the 20th of the month for it to be effective by the 1st of the following month.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageNoVaIrish:

I am currently still working while my husband finishes TBS and so have been using my private insurance to cover doctor visits, etc for this pregnancy.  My last day is going to be June 25th so as of July 1 I will no longer have my insurance and Tricare will become my primary.  Do I need to call the PCM now or wait until July when Tricare actually becomes my primary insurance?

Thanks!

My husband is at TBS too.  Is your DH in Bravo?  That is DH's company, and they graduate around that time! I am so ready for graduation. 

IVF cycle 1-BPF!
    9/13/09-Twin boys born at 23 weeks due to Pprom.
    Ethan and Jacob-our beautiful angel babies lived for 11 minutes and 23 hours.
    Single embryo FET 12/2009-BFP! Blake born 8/2010 at 39 weeks after 36 hours of labor and an emergency c section < IVF 2- BPF! Due April 27th Our Story
  • What is TBS btw?
  • TBS = The Basic School, it's the Marine Corps officer training.

Andrea - yep, he is in Bravo too!  Small world :-)

Shana - DH is hoping for an infantry assignment.  It sounds like you stayed at Quantico during IOC?  I don't know if that will be a good thing or a bad thing because while I'd love to stay in VA for a little longer, that means we'd be PCS around October (assuming he'd start right away) and I am due in mid-November!  How often do they keep the family at Quantico during IOC?

• imageNoVaIrish:

TBS = The Basic School, it's the Marine Corps officer training.

Ah, okay. I would have never guessed what school it was! 

• Thanks, Shana!  Guess I'll just cross my fingers that we have to wait a bit before he starts IOC so I'm not PCSing at the very end of my pregnancy.  Not that its not doable, it just doesn't sound like very much fun at all :-)
  • Wow! That is a small world :) At least they find out MOS's soon. Dh is fairly confident he will be going back to the air-side. Fingers crossed for your husband... Infantry spots are tough.
    IVF cycle 1-BPF!
    9/13/09-Twin boys born at 23 weeks due to Pprom.
    Ethan and Jacob-our beautiful angel babies lived for 11 minutes and 23 hours.
    Single embryo FET 12/2009-BFP! Blake born 8/2010 at 39 weeks after 36 hours of labor and an emergency c section < IVF 2- BPF! Due April 27th Our Story
  • imageandrea z:
    Wow! That is a small world :) At least they find out MOS's soon. Dh is fairly confident he will be going back to the air-side. Fingers crossed for your husband... Infantry spots are tough.

Thanks and good luck to your DH too! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"