High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

heart lungs kidney are kinda important.. vent

went to the dr today im almost 28 weeks to meet with the high risk dr. she tells my today that i have protein in my urine and its not from high blood pressure so they have to run extra test to see what that is from. she also tells me that i may have a large mass in my lung that was undetected and has to look at my cat scan from 2 years ago to see what thats about. she also informs me that i will be on blood thinners after i have the baby because i have an asd which is a small hole in my heart. she is sending me to get another echo of my heart because she thinks the hole may have gotten bigger and they are afraid of me getting a blood clot and having a stroke. like really WTF. i walked in thinking whoo hoo my sugars are finally under control after now being on 100 units of insulin per day. I mean i have high hopes that everything will be fine but its just alot to take in at once. Your heart lungs and kidneys are all kinda important if you ask me and being told there could be something wrong with all three in a matter of minutes was a bit much to handle. sry i just needed to vent a bit about whats going on. the hubby is on travel and is not the most sensitive guy there is so i dont really have anyone to complain to lol.

Re: heart lungs kidney are kinda important.. vent

• Options

sorry to hear about the appointment not going well.

so asd is atrial septal defect right? has that caused you problems in other pregnancies?  are you having shortness of breath or other problems.

i hope things work out for you..   pregnancy puts a lot of stress on our bodies. so take care

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    {{{{Hugs}}}}
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Last fall what began as checking my heart as I was having panic/heart attack like symptoms quickly spiraled into 1) gallstones 2) one large mass in my liver 3) masses covering my adrenal glands 4) a small mass in my lungs. Every scan, they found something new. It was VERY scary. They mentioned cancer spreading and I was inconsolable. Turns out liver mass was benign and they cut it out with my gallbladder, but they found two more during surgery which they biopsied and were still benign. The adrenal glands are functioning fine so they gave left them alone. The lung mass is so small we decided to wait a year and see if it grew. On the positive side my heart is fine ;-) I say all this because with our technology we now "see" much more than we ever have before. In all my masses they said I could have been born with these and without my gallbladder problems we never would have detected them. Just have faith and everything will work out!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"