Attachment Parenting

cradle/co-sleeper to crib - suggestions?

Ladies - wow!  My last post (on BW and strollers) had so many awesome and helpful answers.  TY so much!  So I'm hoping now to get some more advice.  (you all may have me spoiled)

I want to do some kind of sleeping-in-our-room arrangement, either a co-sleeper, bassinet, cradle, etc until baby is too big for those and needs a crib.  I don't think having the baby's bed in our room will be a good long-term plan because a) our room and our bed are small and a bed bigger than a cradle/bassinet won't fit and b) my DH sleeps like the absolute dead and we both move a lot, and I don't think having baby IN our bed is a safe idea.  So I will need somewhere to put the LO after he/she outgrows the infant bed.

But I don't really want a giant crib, I don't want to pay a crazy amount of money, and I don't want to completely lose the closeness of the bed-side sleeper.  So, do you have any suggestions for strategies or products (cradle that converts to a mini-crib?? is there such a thing as a floor-crib??)  that will fit my situation?  All thoughts and comments are welcome.  Thanks.

Re: cradle/co-sleeper to crib - suggestions?

• I'm not 100% sure what you are asking....

Are you looking for a rec. on a co-sleeper or something for after the baby outgrows the co-sleeper?

If you are looking for a co-sleeper rec. I have the Arms Reach Co-Sleeper and am 100% happy with it. (not the mini)

Henry is starting to pull himself up, so we have to move on. But he still fits just fine-and he's 20 lbs and pretty tall.  We are now getting ready to put him into a real crib in his room since he and I are both ready for it (I think!).

Hope this helped!

Hatching the Hawks
    Hatching the Hawks
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ditto on the ARCS, though we had the mini and Neriah outgew it pretty quickly.  It doesn't sound like you have room, but we now have our crib sidecarred to our bed, and love it.  If I could go back I would have done this from the beginning and not used the co-sleeper at all.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • LOL it appears we have similar questions.  I wondered about strollers and this situation as well.  We decided to use a co-sleeper until he grows out of it then move him to a crib.  Our room is large enough to have the crib in there and that is where we plan to keep it.  However, if he deosn't like to sleep that separated from us, we plan to side car the crib.  Perhaps if you side-carred your crib, it would fit much better in a smaller room sice you don't have to have separate spaces for both your bed and the crib.  Here is some info on sidecarring.

https://www.freewebs.com/sidecarcrib/index.htm

• imagefirsttimemama:
    Ditto on the ARCS, though we had the mini and Neriah outgew it pretty quickly.  It doesn't sound like you have room, but we now have our crib sidecarred to our bed, and love it.  If I could go back I would have done this from the beginning and not used the co-sleeper at all.

Hmm interesting.  If for some reason the side-car situation doesn't work out for us and we want him in his own crib, is it easy and safe to put the removed side back on the crib?

Sorry, OP, for hijacking your post....

• imagefirsttimemama:
    Ditto on the ARCS, though we had the mini and Neriah outgew it pretty quickly.  It doesn't sound like you have room, but we now have our crib sidecarred to our bed, and love it.  If I could go back I would have done this from the beginning and not used the co-sleeper at all.

this is what we did.

i love having the crib sidecarred

CafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"