Two Under 2

Recommend your 2u2 must haves

I am already trying to think what I am going to need for a 14 month old and a newborn. What would you ladies recommend as must haves for surviving 2 under 2. I am already thinking that a sling of some sort would be helpful but I could be totally wrong. TIA

Re: Recommend your 2u2 must haves

• I carry the baby all of the time.  I have a moby and a bjorn. 

As you can see, you really need a double stroller.

It looks like you had a spring/summer baby, and now you are having a winter baby, so I suggest getting a jj cole bundle me for the carseat and a couple of little bunting (or whatever they are called) outer outfits to wear on your infant outside.    I didn't end up getting anymore hats or bootiess or anything.  I had 2-3 of each from my first baby shower, and I didn't need anymore. 

• I would consider a double stroller a "must have", and a sling/baby carrier to be very beneficial. ?
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Definitely a good sling/carrier. I love my Ergo and use it daily! I love that it has the little hood/head flap thing that will support DD2's head and she can fall asleep against my chest, still at 6 months. It's great :)

A double stroller for sure..

And I'd say a good sound machine for DC1's room to help drown out the baby cries ;)

CP 3/07
    BFP 5/07 - Kylie born 2/08.       BPF 2/09 - Alexandra born 10/09.
    TTC since 8/13 - diagnosed difficulty conceiving due to LP defect. Took vitamin B and Vitex Berry to help lengthen.
    BFP 2/14 - Missed M/C found at 8.5 weeks. D&C at 9w2d. Partial Molar Pregnancy.
    BFP 11/14
  • Okay, I don't have my own 2u2 yet, but I've got DS and I'm nannying an infant.  I learned veeeeeery quickly I needed another baby gate...to put at the doorway to her room.  If DS gets out of the den (we have gates to keep him in), he immediately goes to E's room and tries to peek in the pnp, usually waking her.  So, a gate at her doorway allows him to still run around the house, but not get in and disturb her!
  • Our babies will also be 14 months apart. Of course I don't know my needs yet, but I am thinking I will definitely need a playpen. We haven't needed one thus far with L, but I imagine I will want to contain her or the baby when I have to tend to the other one and won't always feel like going upstairs to put one in the crib.

• imagemoonfaerie:
    Our babies will also be 14 months apart. Of course I don't know my needs yet, but I am thinking I will definitely need a playpen. We haven't needed one thus far with L, but I imagine I will want to contain her or the baby when I have to tend to the other one and won't always feel like going upstairs to put one in the crib.

I second the playpen. kinda like a protective place to put LO. Also I think proofing everything you can so when you are tied up with LO you know your older will be alright for a  little.  I am also planning to get some new little toys for ds to pull out when I nurse DD. and we also got another sound machine! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Love this post! Making my shopping list...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"