Pre-School and Daycare

**MamaNikki**

We must have the same mother! All the ideas I gave my mom, she kept saying, "Where's the wow factor in that?" Which is why she's sending a huge Playmobil pony ranch along with a bunch of other things (so she has "enough" things to open). When I finally drew the line, she started sending things that are not for her birthday. Sheesh!

So what are you getting Cole for his bday? We decided on instruments, a cash register, a few Playmobil sets and two games.

GOSH my kid is spoiled! And old! I seriously got teary the other day thinking she only has two more years at home before she starts kindergarten.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: **MamaNikki**

• I know!  Last year my mom got him his Ikea table & chairs, and my grandmother got him his sand & water table.  So, they always feel like they need to get him a "big" present.  Well, he doesn't "need" anything big, and we don't have the room to store it.

She wants to get him one of those kids' mini trampolines.  I am okay with that, since this one folds for storage.  My g'ma is talking some sort of Power Wheels-type of battery operated car.  We live in a 2-bedroom townhouse and have absolutely nowhere to store one of those.  It'd have to sit in the corner of the dining room.  Lovely.

Gah, sorry to rant.  So far from us we got him a LeapFrog scribble 'n write thing (TRU had them 40% off a few weeks ago):

Also, the Curious George CD and a few books (some Curious George and Llama Llama Red Pajama).  DH got him a stuffed Knuffle Bunny and Pigeon the other day.  He'll flip for those!  The Bendominos.  I was thinking about the elephant balancing game too (isn't it Zimbbos?).

I still want to get him either a small wooden train set or some kind of car race track.  So I'll either give those as suggestions to someone else who asks (IL's or step-IL's...I know it's coming) and if no one wants to get that, we'll get it.

Yep, another spoiled one here.  LOL!  It sounds like a lot when I talk about it, but he really doesn't get toys other than at Christmas and on birthdays.

• DH and I are in a battle right now over a battery-operated cars. He wants to get her one because she's been begging to drive our car lately (no idea where it came from, but now I tell her she can when she's 20). Seriously, our backyard is 15x40, gravel, and we live on a hill. Am I supposed to pack it into our trunk and drive the mini car somewhere? It's a war and I will win!!!

My DD has the Knuffle Bunny toy and just loves it! She's memorized both books (and gets extremely concerned when the teacher takes the bunny away).

I got the clown balancing game because our grocery store had it on sale. I love all of that company's games!

Now that I've brought out all the train tracks, DD loves her train table. It's like a big puzzle to her and she plays with it a lot more than when I just had it set up and didn't give her the extra pieces. I was surprised at how inexpensive the train is (as long as it's not Thomas).

The sad thing is that DD gets tons for her bday and Christmas, plus other times of year. My mom cannot control herself and sends packages all the time. She's decided DD needs to collect these little Japanese erasers that come in a million different shapes. We have about 40 now and two more shipments are on the way. Gah!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"