Stay at Home Moms

How much do you play with lo?

Ok, that probably sounds like a really stupid question but let me explain.  DS is a VERY independent player.  Usually I'll just get in his way and make him mad if I try to get in with him.  I am always in the room with him unless I'm going about from room to room doing something, and he will sometimes bring toys to me to play with him in which case I of course do.  I spend much of my afternoons now watching him play now.  Anyone else like this?  I guess I should be happy he is so independent.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How much do you play with lo?

• DD plays very independently, too.  I feel kinda bad cuz a lot of the time, I'm just sitting back watching her play or on here.  She will definitely let me know when she needs more attention or wants to play with me, by whining or bringing me toys.  But most of the time, she's content to play alone. 
    imageimageimage
  • Just go with it and be happy he is an independent player, I say. DS is not, at all. So, if we are home I am either playing with him or else trying to get something done while saying "I will play with you as soon as I finish XYZ" every 30 seconds. 

DS is just a very, very social kid. He doesn't need the playmate to be ME, but he needs to play with SOMEONE. We take a lot of classes, have a lot of playdates/playgroups, and go to the park a lot - that is where he is in his element.

• Loading the player...
  • imagehewinked:
    DD plays very independently, too.  I feel kinda bad cuz a lot of the time, I'm just sitting back watching her play or on here.  She will definitely let me know when she needs more attention or wants to play with me, by whining or bringing me toys.  But most of the time, she's content to play alone. 

That is exactly how ds is and I feel like I am doing something wrong lol.  I guess I will just go with it.

• My DS is also very independent.  He'd rather play alone or with the dogs or cats(which means he chases them around).  I am always in the room while he plays and if he brings me toys I play with him but it doesn't last long.  He usually only wants me to play when he is getting tired.  If we are out at the park or somewhere then he wants me to be right there with him.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"