Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Has anyone ever had mono??

I just found out that I had mono sometime in the last few months and I am still having all of the symptoms. How long did it take you to feel normal again? TIA!!!

Re: Has anyone ever had mono??

• I was horrible for about two solid weeks. We're talking high fever, swollen lymph nodes, sleeping 20+ hours a day, enlarged internal organs - the works. I didn't feel like myself for about 3 months.

imageimage

TheseFourButton-1.png

• I didn't have it but DH did a couple years ago.  It took him 2 or 3 months to get back to normal.  Hope you feel better soon!!
  • Loading the player...
  • I had it when I was in college (9 years ago). it took me forever to feel normal. Like well over a month.

I was so tired and run down, I couldn't function somedays, everything hurt. And my spleen was extremely swollen, so I was restricted on what I could do. I spent the majority of my days in bed or on the couch. It was awful.

But the guy I got it from (oops!) was fine after a week or two. So it really is different from person to person.  

I so hope that it is not as bad for you.  

• Oh and I had HORRIBLE night sweats forever! It was really weird and gross. 

Man, just thinking about that summer makes me feel awful. blech. 

• i had it senior year of high school.  i was was a complete mess for about 2 weeks and was super fatigued and foggy for at least a month or two after.  it's terrible :/
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had it for about two weeks at the end of my first year of college.  I felt really tired, had an awful fever every night, and my glands/throat was all swollen.  That said, after 2-3 weeks I was back to normal.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had it in college.  I was really bad for about 2 weeks.  It felt well enough to at least function after that point.  Overall it took me a long time to feel 100%.  I did have complications though.  Mono weakens your immune system.  I ended up with strep and that infection wouldn't fully go away until I ended up having my tonsils removed. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It took a good 3 months to get back to my normal energy level and interest in doing things. Make sure you eat a lot of protein and rest when you need to. Light exercise is good, too. Feel better soon...
  • I had it in college.  I had the worst sore throat ever.  Seriously, THE worst sore throat you can imagine.  I was so tired all the time.  I ended up having to "medically withdraw" 3/4 of the way through a semester.  It took about three weeks to feel better once I was diagnosed.  However, it took two weeks for the Dr to figure out it was mono.  He initially thought it was a sinus infection.  And then it was probably another couple weeks before I was back to normal.  So about a month and a half. 

My mom was super paranoid and made me take it easy for a lot longer than I probably needed to (but that's because her 13 yo sister died from complications of mono back in 1972). 

Rest, rest and more rest is really the only thing you can do for it. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had it in Highschool. I'd had it for over a month before it was diagnosed. By then  they said 80% of my White blood cells were abnormal. I was so sick I could hardly move. I was out of school for 2 months and then did half days for another month. It took a LONG time before I felt "normal".  I don't think I ever really recovered and just this past year I was diagnosed with Hypothyroidism.

Make sure you rest!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"