Secondary IF

*FRAN*

I saw you mention in another thread that your mom went through early menopause.  Mine did as well.  She started around 38.  That's only 3 1/2 years older than I am now!!!  I'm so scared that is related to my diminshed ovarian reserve and it terrifies me that I may have such a short time span to complete my family.

Re: *FRAN*

• Yeah my mom went through menopause between age 32 and 34 when she had to have a hysterectomy due to complications.  It why when I got married at age 25 we didn't wait to TTC and when charting/OPK's showed I wasn't Oing (and I was going months w/o a period) I got reproductive help so quickly.  

I'm sure either your OB or RE has done the FSH levels testing on day 3.  This gives an indication of your ovarian reserve.  I would ask how that turned out.  At least that way you would know if this is also a concern. 

Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
  • Yeah, it's in my siggy. It's already elevated at only 33 years old. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh duh!  I should have noticed that!  I take it that was your testing earlier this month.  Yeah, this early menopause thing SUCKS!  If it wasn't for it my family planning would have been very different.
    Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"