South Florida Babies

New symptom?

For the past few hrs, I've been having a strong pulsating pain in my lower abdomon (near the panty line).  It hits real hard, and quickly disappers.  But sometimes it is so strong that I actually jerk!

I just called the doctor and left a message w/ his nurse.  All she said "with twins, you are going to feel everything twice as hard!"  THANKS woman!

Just wondering if this is common.  Doctor will be calling in a little bit.

THANKS

ETA - last u/s was Monday, so I don't think it was from them "digging" inside.

-- Jackie
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: New symptom?

• My best guess would be "growing pains" that you're feeling as your uterus stretches and expands. Those little butterballs are growing by the second and your uterus is stretching out to accomodate them :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageSouthMiamiWifeJen:
    My best guess would be "growing pains" that you're feeling as your uterus stretches and expands. Those little butterballs are growing by the second and your uterus is stretching out to accomodate them :)

You are prob right, but w/ the wkend approaching I want to double check. I've had a horrible paranoia all week long.  And I was suppose to go to RE today for u/s, but we woke up way too late, and didn't want to be late to work, once again. 

Hopefully next wk.

-- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imagecocojack10:

imageSouthMiamiWifeJen:
    My best guess would be "growing pains" that you're feeling as your uterus stretches and expands. Those little butterballs are growing by the second and your uterus is stretching out to accomodate them :)

You are prob right, but w/ the wkend approaching I want to double check. I've had a horrible paranoia all week long.  And I was suppose to go to RE today for u/s, but we woke up way too late, and didn't want to be late to work, once again. 

Hopefully next wk.

I can totally understand. I hope you get that reassurance ASAP! I'm sure your little ones are fine :) From what I remember (and I could be wrong), but right along the time you are in your pregnancy is when a lot of growth really starts to kick in. I think they get bigger a lot faster now than they did in the last few weeks for you.

• I just remembered what she attributed the pain to... additional hormones in the area.  ???
    -- Jackie
  • Hmmm maybe?! I've never heard of that but I'm sure the doc would know.

Totally out of curiosity, Jackie...are you going to try to deliver vaginally or does your doctor want to do a scheduled c-section? I've heard of doctors now automatically recommending c-sections for multiples.

• I'm scared of both, but prob more scared of c-section, at least I am right now.  I want to try to delivery vaginally, if possible.  But Dh asked him what are the odds, and doc already said most commonly it is csection.  It is odd that both babies be in perfect position at time of delivery, and would hate for mom to delivery one vag, and then end up c-section at the end for #2. 

I do plan on expressing my feelings as the time approaches, but at the end, as long as the babies are safe and healthy...

-- Jackie
  • I'm scared of both, but prob more scared of c-section, at least I am right now.  I want to try to delivery vaginally, if possible.  But Dh asked him what are the odds, and doc already said most commonly it is csection.  It is odd that both babies be in perfect position at time of delivery, and would hate for mom to delivery one vag, and then end up c-section at the end for #2. 

I do plan on expressing my feelings as the time approaches, but at the end, as long as the babies are safe and healthy...

-- Jackie
  • Yeah, I think that is round ligament and growing pains. The beginning is harder because your body is doing stuff it never has before and stretching in funny ways. Your belly will probably start potruding soon. I find that even now, at 19 weeks, I will get pains for a couple of days and then my belly will be bigger all of a sudden. The pains will come and go but are more prominent in the beginning.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I agree with PPs: growing pains. I get all sorts of zings and pulls and aches and cramps and things. It's so reassuring to hear how you're going to feel everything twice as much, isn't it?!? Every response from my doctor is "you're going to feel lots of aches and pains" or "yeah, that's going to get worse." That's all well and good, but I want to know what's not normal! How do I figure that out when everything I'm feeling is brand new?!?

I hope you get some reassurance and are able to relax this weekend.

• imagemjz:

I agree with PPs: growing pains. I get all sorts of zings and pulls and aches and cramps and things. It's so reassuring to hear how you're going to feel everything twice as much, isn't it?!? Every response from my doctor is "you're going to feel lots of aches and pains" or "yeah, that's going to get worse." That's all well and good, but I want to know what's not normal! How do I figure that out when everything I'm feeling is brand new?!?

I hope you get some reassurance and are able to relax this weekend.

This exactly!  I get more of a stabbing on the left or right side of my lower abdomen.  Some days I feel it, some I don't. It usually happens when I stand up after sitting for a long time.  Yesterday, I even got a pain in my lower back that was making me limp. 

It's hard to tell what's normal and what's not, but since I've never felt these things before I just attribute it to another joy of pregnancy ;)

I hope you do hear back from them soon and get some reassurance since I think the worrying that we put ourselves through is the worst part.

• Thanks ladies, you guys are the bomb!

Nurse called back while I was at lunch.  Doctor said it is the uterus stretching, and the pains are normal, especially that there is no bleeding.  ::sigh::  As long as it is normal, I'll deal w/ it. :  )  At least it isn't paired w/ a headache today.

-- Jackie
  • Those babies are getting really cozy in there! I'm glad you heard back from the dr :)
  • we are only 1 week apart and im starting to feel those pains too, your uterus is growing, you feel them stronger cuz there are two :)

i remember calling my dr in a panic when i was pg with mady and complaining about the same thing at around this time.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • AlbahAlbah member

imageMellyMelB:
    Yeah, I think that is round ligament and growing pains. The beginning is harder because your body is doing stuff it never has before and stretching in funny ways. Your belly will probably start potruding soon. I find that even now, at 19 weeks, I will get pains for a couple of days and then my belly will be bigger all of a sudden. The pains will come and go but are more prominent in the beginning.

I agree. i get the same! 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    BFP #3: 01/28/12, EDD: 09/23/12, MMC (BO), D&C 2/16/12 at 6.5 wks
    BFP #4: 05/23/12, EDD: 01/31/12, Early MC at 5 wks

RPL Workup: + LPD (7DPO Prog = 7.8, Endometrial Bx = out of phase)
    Elevated Alpha 2-glycoprotein IgA and antiphosphatidylserine IgM -->
    Hematologist said not to worry and no need for treatment!

Dx: LPD
    Cycle #1(08/2012): Clomid 50 mg CD3-7, Ovidrel CD13 + Progesterone = It worked!
    BFP #5 on 09/10/12 (11 DPO). HCG #1 @ 14DPO = 131.6 HCG #2 @ 16DPO = 509
    EDD: 05/23/2013 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"