Breastfeeding
Options

Is the Medela manual pump good for pumping to increase supply?

Or is there something better?

Re: Is the Medela manual pump good for pumping to increase supply?

• Options
    I get more per session with my harmony pump than I do with my PIS, but that's just me. I like and use both. I just pump once a day usually and 80% goes directly in the freezer now.
  • Options
    I usually use the medela manual pump once a day and on average collect about 4oz. in 15 minutes or less.  Due to the huge difference in price between this and the electrical pumps, I would suggest trying the manual first.  Though, I have heard the best  way to increase supply is to nurse as much as possible.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    No! It will kill your nips over time & it takes too flipping long. I would get a pump in style or rent a Symphony for a month or so if you really want an efficient pump to boost supply.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC since Dec '04 Severe MFI-diagnosed 12/06 3 failed Fresh IVFs FET #1 - BFP!! 2 blasts tx on day 6. Beta #1 8dp6dt = 56, Beta #2 = 600, Beta #3 = 5600 My Blog Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    If you are pumping to increase supply a double electric is recommended, and a hospital grade is best.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"