Success after IF
Options

**howleyshell**

You're one of the few people who has told me they also experienced a hormone crash from weaning. Most of my IRL friends look at me like I have two heads when I say something about it. Maybe that has something to do with the fact that most of them didn't BF nearly as long as I did??

Anyway--how did yours manifest itself? Because I am having MASSIVE mood swings. Like, I'm completely and totally fine one minute and a raging madwoman the next. And the smallest little thing can set me off. It's crazy.

I really, really hope this works itself out soon.

Re: **howleyshell**

• Options

::::BUTTING IN:::

I had major depression from weaning from the pump. Everylittle thing would get me so upset, I would cry for just about every little thing. It lasted about 2 weeks. It does level off. You are not crazy. It does happen

I'm so sorry you are having such a rough time. (hugs) see my posts below

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/32029000/ShowThread.aspx

• Options

DH could answer this better than I could because he saw it all from the outside but in a nut shell it was a LOT like my "PPD" from my m/c's.

Deep dark depression that lasted about 2 weeks.  Couldn't motivate my @ss off the sofa.  Did the bare minimum to get by in all aspects of life.  WE ate take out, laundry piled up, kids got put in front of the TV and I counted the hours and minutes until nap time so I could be alone.

I didn't return phone calls from friends.

I didn't want to be around DH or the kids.

I'd go from crying to rageful on a dime.  Generally lethargic to unnaturally pissy and anxious in the blink of an eye.  I was all over the place.   I told DH I wondered if that was what it was like for someone who's bipolar.  It's freaky to have not only your moods but also your passion/energy levels swing like that.

It was seriously a text book depression coupled with psycho mood changes.

I'd say a month max for the hormones to level out and then I'd talk to a doc about it. 

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
    Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Don't know if this helps but Schmoodle also posted about feeling off, hormonally speaking, when she weaned.  I think this is common and it makes a lot of sense to me why it would happen, but like a lot of things it's just not discussed.  Thank goodness for this board.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"