New Orleans Babies

Visiting from Central PA

DH and I had planned a trip to your beautiful city before I was KU.  It is in Early August and I will be 5 months KU.  Could you suggest some KU "friendly" activities while we are there?  Also, where would you suggest staying/eating?  Finally, what is the weather like in Aug.?  DH thinks that we should maybe switch destinations for my sake, but i've never been and am really excited to check it out....TIA!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Visiting from Central PA

• I've never been KU (Knocked up??) before, but I can assure you that New Orleans and August are not comfy! Think hot and humid. Heat coming up from the concrete and up your nose. It's very uncomfortable when not pregnant, so I can't imagine being in it when pregnant.

With that said, there are lots of things you can do while pregnant in NOLA. You can walk through the French Quarters (clser to the water would probably give a little breeze, but in Aug I doubt it), you can ride the street cars, take a dinner cruise on the Natchez Steamboat, or even walk through the aquarium (AC!!). But I'm with your husband in thinking you should probably change destinations (or dates!) for your sake :)

Nia, Mom to Jayden Michael, Born 12/04/06, Adopted 12/07/06
    And Elias Parker, Born 3.5 weeks early 12/20/2011 image
    FINALLY!!! After 7 years of infertility! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yeah, New Orleans is August is not pretty. And if you can't have a hurricane or a daiquiri to cool off, you'd probably be better off changing destinations. It pains me to say that, but it is MISERABLE in August. (And it's hurricane season, so you never know if you'll even get to make it down here.)
    How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
  • Loading the player...
  • imagepea-kay:
    (And it's hurricane season, so you never know if you'll even get to make it down here.)

So true. Hurricane season is VERY active in August.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think the other ladies covered the basics but I just wanted to add...being from Central PA myself (we just moved to LA 2.5 years ago)...you're going to be HOT, HOT, HOT.  I was due in December as well and I would not go outside more than absolutely necessary from July-August. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"