Breastfeeding

Pedi didn't agree with EBF until 6 months!!

That is...until she looked it up.  She's a family doc and things like this is what makes me want to switch to a pedi.  She said most parents can't wait to feed their babies solids and this is the first time she's heard of waiting until 6 months.  Then she said if he doesn't act hungry after nursing I should wait until 6 months!  Good thing I'd read a lot about EBF for 6 months, otherwise, she would have confused me. 

Re: Pedi didn't agree with EBF until 6 months!!

• eh I'm not that fussed. I started my kids at 4.5-5.5 months when they were showing the signs of being ready.....DS wasn't ready as early as DD so we waited longer. 
    My two PCOS miracles! Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • imagemadhatter2003:
    eh I'm not that fussed. I started my kids at 4.5-5.5 months when they were showing the signs of being ready.....DS wasn't ready as early as DD so we waited longer. 

I'm not against anyone who gives solids before 6 months, but she act like I was gonna starve him when I said that. 

• Loading the player...
  • I definitely think you need to find a pedi and not use a family medicine doc. Pedis spend 3 years (minimum) studying nothing but pediatric medicine. Family med docs cover some parts of pediatrics for a short period of time during their residencies. This is the first of many oops you'd likely find with a family med doc. Glad you know your stuff and asked questions!
  • imageAt1stsight:
    I definitely think you need to find a pedi and not use a family medicine doc. Pedis spend 3 years (minimum) studying nothing but pediatric medicine. Family med docs cover some parts of pediatrics for a short period of time during their residencies. This is the first of many oops you'd likely find with a family med doc. Glad you know your stuff and asked questions!

This. We go to a family practice but see the pediatrician. I always leave confused and frustrated when we need to see a family doc for our sick visits. i.e. yesterday when I told her DS eats 4.5oz every 3 or 4 hours, she said I should feed less more often...me :"how much less?" her "2-2.5 oz, every 2-3 hours...is it just me or would that be about the same amount and not contribute to him actually gaining the weight he needs to gain? So yea, I support finding a pedi. 

"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

TTC #1- unexplained...lost left ovary 4/07 IUI #1 2/10/09-BFN IUI #2 3/5/09-BFN IVF # 1-BFP

TTC#2- FET 4/7/11 BFP, Natural mc 5/5/11 IVF#2 ER 9/13/11, ET 9/16/11, Beta #1 9/27/11 BFP 254 Beta #2 9/30/11 793 -Twins!

• Thanks Ladies...I've thought about it before and now I am going to switch to a pedi instead of a family doc.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"