Working Moms

PT or WFH proposal?

Has anyone worked for a company that did not have a part time or work from home option and prepared a proposal for some kind of alternative schedule?  Did your employer grant your request?

I am an engineer and could do much of my job functions remotely, but I work for a utility company with an "old school" culture. 

Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks!

Re: PT or WFH proposal?

• Emphasize the benefits to the company, demonstrate that you have the appropriate work-at-home environment (high-speed internet, fax, a door to close out household noise), propose a 90-day trial period, and verify that you will ALWAYS have your LO with a childcare provider.
  • I agree with the pp.

My case is a little different because I proposed a temprary p/t schedule for 8 mos (until DD turns one).  I prepared a memo explaining the benefits, timeframes, daily schedule, how I would address all items in my work plan, and travel.  Flexibility is key.  They first approved 6 months with the possibility of an extension. I just got the approval for the extension.  I have adjusted my schedule many times to meet deadlines or attend meetings.  I also travel.  They have appreciated the flexibility.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"