Breastfeeding
Options

We're almost done...

I've lurked around here and learned a lot from everyone.  Wanted to post and say I made it nearly 9 months exclusively nursing DS.  He is underweight now and, while it may not be from being BF, I don't want to risk it.  We will start supplementing with my frozen stash and then start supplementing with formula.

I will still try to pump in the morning, once or twice at work, and then maybe before bed (depending on whether or not he'll nurse with me in the evening).  Hoping to keep him on BM as much as I can as long as I can, but I'm done stressing out about the amount I'm able to pump.

I'd love to hear any tips you have for me!  Thanks!

Re: We're almost done...

• Options

:hugs: Sometimes being done stressing about the amount will actually help you. I finally said it's okay if I get through my diminishing freezer stash and start using formula and then my supply came back a bit (still not as great as it was when pumping, but not nearly as bad).

How much weight has he lost? I'm sorry you've been stressing. Great job making it so far! 9 months is amazing. :)

• Options

Thanks.  He hasn't actually lost weight, just isn't gaining.  He is 16lbs 2oz.  His growth (length) has also tapered off.  So far we're okay since his head growth is still on an okay track, but I just don't want to think that I'm not giving DS what he needs.

I'm actually really happy with making it this far -- didn't really know what to expect as this is our first child.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"