South Florida Babies

Southmiami Jen

I saw below that you are moving. Congrats on the new house! How exciting! Are you staying in the same area?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Southmiami Jen

• I've been meeting to ask you Jen!  Did you get the house?  Have you started the remodelling?!  Oh I hope so!  CONGRATS
    -- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Thanks guys! :) We are all set to close, just waiting to do our walk through and finalize the paperwork. We were supposed to do it all today, but because it's the last day of the month and the banks are really busy, they still haven't gotten the package of paperwork to our attorney so that he can draft the HUD. At this point in the day, by the time he receives it, it will be too late. So he is hoping to prepare all the documents over the weekend once he gets what he needs from the bank, and we *should* be closing on Monday if all goes well...fingers crossed!

We are staying in our same area. The house is less than a mile from our condo. Without giving out my exact address on a public message board, which would be kinda scary, I'll say that we're between Bird and Miller and between 57th Ave. and 67th Ave. I absolutely love that area and I've actually lived there my whole life...the two houses my parents have owned and that I grew up in are in that same square. I'm really happy that we found something we liked in the vicinity. DH is also super excited of course :)

The house is move-in ready so luckily we don't have to do much in terms of remodeling. The kitchen, bathrooms, floors, etc. are new. There are a few cosmetic things that we'd like to do to it, and then bigger changes we'd like to do in the long run (add a pool, expand the master bathroom, etc.), but all in good time. Right now I'm just so happy to be out of our condo and into a real house with an actual yard. Our condo is great, but between the babies and the 2 dogs we were getting really clausterphobic in there.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageSouthMiamiWifeJen:

The house is move-in ready so luckily we don't have to do much in terms of remodeling. The kitchen, bathrooms, floors, etc. are new. There are a few cosmetic things that we'd like to do to it, and then bigger changes we'd like to do in the long run (add a pool, expand the master bathroom, etc.), but all in good time. Right now I'm just so happy to be out of our condo and into a real house with an actual yard. Our condo is great, but between the babies and the 2 dogs we were getting really clausterphobic in there.

Congrats!  It is an awesome feeling and you're going to love it!  It'll feel like it was always your home.

And did I read babies???  Or did you just mean the furbabies, lol?

• imageMrsJOSEnADRI:
    imageSouthMiamiWifeJen:

Congrats!  It is an awesome feeling and you're going to love it!  It'll feel like it was always your home.

And did I read babies???  Or did you just mean the furbabies, lol?

Thanks! :) Definitely didn't mean to make babies plural!!! LOL. My bad. As long as the little pill I take every night doesn't fail me, the plan is to keep Emma an only child until she's 2 or 3 years old.

• I'll have my fingers crossed for you! It's great that you were able to find something where you wanted. My sis in law lives in that same area and she loves it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ha, Adri, I read the same thing!  I was like WHAT!  LOL

Glad to hear it is all working out for you Jen.  That is a wonderful area... and I assume you stay close to your parents... so they must be super happy.  : )

-- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Thanks :) Yes, we are super close to my parents. My mom and I have actually walked from her house to our potential new house. It's a bit of a trek (15 minute walk each way), but by car it's about a minute :) I love that we are so close to them. I wish my ILs lived closer, too, but they are pretty settled where they are and we had no intention of moving out by them. We were seriously interested in another property that was kind of at the half way point between my ILs and my parents, which would have been nice, but things didn't work out with that place.

• That's great that you're so close to them!  We did the same thing.  We started off looking in my old neighborhood by my parent's house, but we had no luck there.  When we looked a little more West, we found our current house.  It's close enough where they can come over whenever, but not too close where we'd be neighbors, lol.  They still have to drive about 10 mins, but they love it and our house is now the place to hang out for them.  It's going to be very convenient after maternity leave to have them on the way to and from both our jobs since my mom (and possibly my dad, too, since he's considering retirement) will be taking care of the baby.
  • Just butting in to say that I'm so happy for you and ill keep my fingers crossed for you to close Monday. Its soooo nice that Emma would grow up in the area you grew up in:)
    imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"