Secondary IF

IVF Question

I posted this on the IF board as well......

Anyone have any experience with lupron as a trigger? My RE thinks that it will help prevent OHSS and that i will be in a lot less pain after ER if i use lupron as a trigger. Also what was your dose? Thanks!

Re: IVF Question

• I do not have experience with Lupron as a trigger but I know that there is a girl over on the IF board that does.  Try paging PoeticJustice and asking her this question.  I am pretty sure it helped her keep her OHSS at bay.  Good luck!

Dx with severe endometriosis. DS#1 conceived with Met and TI. TTC#2 for 2.5 yrs. Dx 2nd IF. 4 clomid cycles, 2 IUIs, Finally IVF#1 w/ICSI worked for us! twins born 35w3d. Unexpected total hysterectomy 6/11. Now on the HRT train.

• imageiluvadam:

I do not have experience with Lupron as a trigger but I know that there is a girl over on the IF board that does.  Try paging PoeticJustice and asking her this question.  I am pretty sure it helped her keep her OHSS at bay.  Good luck!

Thanks for the response. I see we both have December 06 babies. Wishing you a very healthy pregnancy.

• Loading the player...
  • This is the exact protocol that i did this last IVF.  I was not in nearly as much pain as the last time, and it was nice not to have to take lupron for 3 weeks a head of time.

The first time i overstimmed and had to coast and only use half of the HCG trigger.  I got 14 eggs, 11 mature.  ET was cancelled and i had to take a week off of work to recover from the OHSS

This time i got 22 eggs, all mature with a lupron trigger.  No time off work needed to recover from OHSS.

I don't remember my dose (maybe 10 units), but i do know that i had to do it at night, and then a booster the following morning.  It was an easier trigger to do too!

Good luck! 

• imageeyenerd:

This is the exact protocol that i did this last IVF.  I was not in nearly as much pain as the last time, and it was nice not to have to take lupron for 3 weeks a head of time.

The first time i overstimmed and had to coast and only use half of the HCG trigger.  I got 14 eggs, 11 mature.  ET was cancelled and i had to take a week off of work to recover from the OHSS

This time i got 22 eggs, all mature with a lupron trigger.  No time off work needed to recover from OHSS.

I don't remember my dose (maybe 10 units), but i do know that i had to do it at night, and then a booster the following morning.  It was an easier trigger to do too!

Good luck! 

Congrats on your pregnancy.  My RE said the same thing that recovery would be a lot better for me.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"