North Carolina Babies

5K with Baby

Anyone ever done a 5K with your LO? I'm doing one the end of May and don't think it'll be anything crazy for him, but didn't know if anyone had experience with this and if so, any suggestions to make it fun for both of us? I'm thinking since it's so early in the morning (7:00am) that he'll probably just go back to sleep...but who knows...we've got a jogging stroller that I'm using and he loves that one, so I'm thinking we should be good, but sometimes when I think that with other situations something pops up that I wish I'd thought about ahead of time...

Thanks! and Happy Friday everyone! Big Smile

Re: 5K with Baby

• Although I think it would be fun to run with your LO, I'd talk with your pedi first.  I'm a runner and from everything I've read, they don't typically recommend running with a baby until they are 8 mo. old or so in order to ensure they have adequate neck support to handle the jostling they'll experience in a jogging stroller.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageraceyrae:
    Although I think it would be fun to run with your LO, I'd talk with your pedi first.  I'm a runner and from everything I've read, they don't typically recommend running with a baby until they are 8 mo. old or so in order to ensure they have adequate neck support to handle the jostling they'll experience in a jogging stroller.

Ditto. My husband and I are runners as well, and our pedi told us DS needed to be a minimum of 6 months before running with him in the jogging stroller.  GL, and good for you for getting back into running so quickly!

Catching up on sports news...
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We are walking/jogging a 5k tomorrow morning with both kiddos! Yikes!
    image AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***Baby #3: BFP Mother

• Maybe I should've mentioned, I'm walking the 5K (haha, I'm not in THAT good of shape yet). So I'm hoping that just won't be too long for him in the stroller I guess is my main concern.

Good luck tomorrow unc00ref! Smile

• I can't remember the rules for even walking -- for some reason I thought they couldn't be in a job stroller (unless it had a recline to lay flat option) until they were 6 months. Sorry.

Thanks! We are sort of dreading how they will do. They do pretty well at the zoo sharing the double space, but there's plenty to look at and Brooks & Caroline both get out a lot to look/walk. They won't be allowed out of the stroller during the 5K for safety reasons so we'll see how it goes!  There's already nearly 11,000 participants signed up online. Not sure how many paper registrants yet. Yikes!

image AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***Baby #3: BFP Mother

• one of my close friends and i have babies 2 mos. apart - when DS was about 3-4 mos we started walking 2x/week - we do about 5 miles and both of our boys LOVE it.  my son sleeps almost the whole time and hers just stares in awe - at the people passing by, the trees, the animals, anything. 
    DS - June 2009
    DD - February 2011
  • Yay! Then I'm excited...I think he'll love it too! :)

• imagetracelini:

Yay! Then I'm excited...I think he'll love it too! :)

I did a 5k when Lillian was 3 months old - walking of course - and she slept the whole time (my jogger reclines).  Have fun!

• imagetracelini:

Yay! Then I'm excited...I think he'll love it too! :)

I did a 5k when Lillian was 3 months old - walking of course - and she slept the whole time (my jogger reclines).  Have fun!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"