Pre-School and Daycare

Poll: Least favorite thing about this age?

And.... GO!
Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.

Re: Poll: Least favorite thing about this age?

• That she has her own 'ideas' about things and what she should or should not be doing AND the eating habits are AWFUL!!  Prob dont like the Eating worse than the occasional 'tude's'.....
  • The tantrums and attempted manipulation.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Goblin Gallup 5k 10/30/11 - 36:46
    Turkey Trot 5k 11/24/11 - 35:14
    Festival of Lights 5k 12/31/11 - 33:13
    Love the Run You're With 5k 2/13/12 - 31:58
    Backyard Burn 5 miler 3/11/12 - 1:08:42
    Cherry Blossom 10 Miler 4/1/12 - 1:58:22
    Wine Country HF 6/2/12 - TBD
    Spartan Race 8/25/12 - TBD
  • Loading the player...
  • The dawdling.  Grrr!  It drives me nuts!  Okay, compared to the negativism and defiance of a 2 year old, the dawdling is a walk in the park, but it's what they do instead of being negative like a 2 y/o or whiny like a 3 y/o.

High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • oh man, Carson is kickin the 3yr old tude big time.  also, the dawdling when he doesn't want to do something but knows its going to happen anyway.  oh and the whining.....awesome.
  • imageneverblushed:

The dawdling.  Grrr!  It drives me nuts!  Okay, compared to the negativism and defiance of a 2 year old, the dawdling is a walk in the park, but it's what they do instead of being negative like a 2 y/o or whiny like a 3 y/o.

God help me if that's what's coming.

Jace has already perfected dawdling to a science.

I might end up in the loony bin if Dylan decides to join that particular party. 

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
    Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.
  • The whining

The dawdling for sure. It's a good thing I'm a SAHM, because I don't think I'd ever be on time for work.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • The defiance! My dd is very strong willed and tries to argue about everything to get her way.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • imagekada626:
    The defiance! My dd is very strong willed and tries to argue about everything to get her way.

That's Jace too!  He doesn't bother with arguing though - he's more the "ignore or just say NO" type defiant.

Dylan does the "why" thing a bit but since we've started using DH's trick it's pretty much stopped. 

• Ooo, what is your DH's trick? Taylor says no a lot too, plus when we tell her it's time to do something she says "no! five mins!" and then " no, two more mins". 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • hmmm with aidan? the meltdowns. she can go from happy to crazy in one "didnt get a chance to nap/lay down" minute. they don't last long, but they can be twitch worthy.

with sawyer? her temper ;)

aidan kincaid (12.19.06) sawyer grace (7.30.08) 
    reese madeline (5.11.10) miller paige (2.6.12)
    girl #5 due december 2013.

13 galveston1

IG: punkfictionv4

• The whining for no reason.  Just ASK and I'll usually agree!
    Pregnant with #1 with PCOS and LPD, success with mostly naturopathic treatments
    Our Thanksgiving Day baby 11/22/07

imageimageimage

Pregnant with #2 with LPD, uterine polyp/hysteroscopy, DOR (AMH = 0.17), 2 c/ps
    Our early Christmas present 12/9/10
  • imagealchris:
    The whining for no reason.  Just ASK and I'll usually agree!

omg thats exactly what i say. "aidan. why are you whining? just ask me in a normal voice"

aidan kincaid (12.19.06) sawyer grace (7.30.08) 
    reese madeline (5.11.10) miller paige (2.6.12)
    girl #5 due december 2013.

13 galveston1

IG: punkfictionv4

• imagekada626:
    The defiance! My dd is very strong willed and tries to argue about everything to get her way.

This except I have a ds!!!

• Def. the whining and after I have already said no to him doing something he will keep bugging me about it... ex: "can I play on the computer just ONE time" over and over and over.
  • The moodiness...she goes from being happy one minute to being sad/angry the next and she makes sure to tell me about it..."Mom, you just hurt my feelings...you made me really sad right now."  She's so up/down dramatic...unfortunately she's a dramatic child in general so I don't think this a phase she may grow out of!
  • The WHINING. The whining, the whining, the whining. I can't stand it. It drives me crazy. I even tell DD flat out that's it's annoying.

• The whining definitely drives me BONKERS! Cam is also very impatient and short tempered (I have NO idea where he got that fromConfused) And now "why?" is starting to get on my nerves a bit.

• Being independent, which isn't bad, but he wants to do whatever he wants and doesn't want to listen to me.  Oh and I agree with what others have said, the whining for no reason. 
    imageDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers imageimageimage
  • At 4 years old, the more verbal testing of his limits and boundaries.  I also have to be careful and on my toes to not give into something and start down a slippery slope.  Although he's always been like this, he's becoming much more advanced!

Secondly, the dawdling for sure!

Big E (6) & Little E (2.5)
  • potty training!  I'm no good at it :-(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"