TTC after 35

8 week change

Quick low down on me and this journey:

Married 2 years in April, I'm 42 and DH is 39. I went straight to in vitro starting in Oct, ER & ET in Nov then miscarried in Dec.

We took a much needed emotional and financial break and decided that March would be our month to start again. Well it was our month because we got pregnant on our own!. I began bloodwork again to monitor hcg and it increased on schedule. We had a u/s at 6 weeks and 2 days and say the little thing and the heart flutter.

I went back yesterday at 8 weeks and 1day and the little thing had not grown much but the worst of it was there was no longer a heart beat.

I knew something was wrong when it took him longer to find the little thing and I didn't hear anything.

I caught a flight to CA to be with DH for the weekend.

What an emotional rollercoaster. I know this may be familiar to some of you because I've been on this board since Oct and I have read the victories and the defeats. It sucks to be the defeat but we still have HOPE.

Now to decide do I have a DnC done or wait it out and let it pass naturally? I asked RE if I had DnC if that would cause problems for ivf, he said no. I think I just want to get it over with and move on.

Thanks for listening.

carrie

Re: 8 week change

• Carrie I am really sorry for all you are going through.  Keep that hope alive and take good care of yourself.  Much love-

Holly

• I'm really sorry about your loss. I just had my second miscarriage so I know how much it sucks.

I miscarried naturally with both of mine.  With this one, it's been a month and my betas are finally going down (the first it was done in two weeks).  While I don't regret have a natural miscarriage again, this time around has been a huge PITA, so if I have another miscarriage (hopefully not) I won't be so reluctant to have a D&C.  

Hope is good to have during times like this. 

• Loading the player...
  • jcathjcath member
    I'm so sorry for your loss and the whole entire rollercoaster.  It's just terrible terrible stuff I wish none of us had to go through.  I had a D&C with my first miscarriage and a D&E with the most recent.  I have to say they were both pretty easy and at least it got everything over with, frankly I appreciated the 30 minutes of unconciousness :)  Hope you find peace with whichever way you decide.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Oh Carrie....I am so, so sorry.  big (((hugs))).

I had a D&C...it was a pretty painless and simple procedure.  The emotional part of course is the hardest.  PM me if you ever want to chat.

Tons of thoughts and prayers are headed your way.  I hope that you find comfort in knowing we are here for you.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Carrie, I am so sorry!   I had a D&C and was glad I did so that I could move forward more quickly.  Unfortunately, I am still getting bills for it (one year later) and that has been the most annoying and frustrating part of the whole thing.  I just want to put it in the past already!   My heart goes out to you and your DH.   Thinking of you and sending hugs!   

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I'm just so, so sorry you're going through this.  It really does suck and I hate that so many of us have had to go through it.  I had a natural m/c which was fine........it didn't feel too much different from normal AF, although it was very emotional (it's emotional no matter what you do, I think).  I totally understand wanting to get the D&C and move on.

It sounds like you and DH have a positive attitude, which I believe takes your far in this process.  Keep the faith and hope and I will be keeping you in my T&P.

• I am sorry for your loss. You have a great attitude...thoughts are with you and your DH during this time.
  • Oh Carrie- I'm so sorry.  That is just so unfair and it totally sucks.  Whatever route you choose to take- d&c or natural m/c, I'll always be here any time you want to vent or need a computer to cry on! 

3 IUI's and 2 IVF's later- Brady arrived. Born at 36 weeks after PUPPS and pre-e/HELLP.
    IUI- BFN IVF #1 -BFP! Allie is our 2nd IVF baby. Born at 36 1/2 weeks after pre-e again
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"