Working Moms
Options

I am SO excited for this work trip.

So, the industry that I work in has had a bad last few years.  We lost a TON of money, salaries frozen, they cancelled our 401k match, etc.  It was looking really bad for the about 18 months.  The last 6 months have been much better, we have started making money again and turning a large profit, so my boss wanted me to start looking into a weekend away, team building trip.

I've been working on it for about 2 months, and just finalized all the details, dinner reservations, etc.  The original rate per room was $329, and our company used to do a lot of business with this resort before the economy hit, so I was able to negotiate a lower rate of ... $169 per night!  I am shocked that they went that low.

We are going to a fabulous resort, from Weds to Fri.  We'll all arrive Weds night, then have a great dinner.  Then Thursday meetings from 8-4, then a brewery tour in a huge limo bus.  Then Friday is a "free day" where we can choose golf or a spa package.  Then head home on Friday.

All paid for by my company.

All of my coworkers keep giving me props now.  Yes!  I can not wait for this trip.  It will be so fun to sit in the spa with my work BFF all day!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: I am SO excited for this work trip.

• Options
    Wow, that sounds amazing!  I'm assuming you like your co-workers, which is even better Smile
  • Options
    epphdepphd member
    that sounds AWESOME!  I work in non-profit so this type of thing will never be in my future. come back with all the details so I can live vicariously through you :)

I am a runner, knitter, scientist, DE-IVF veteran, and stage III colon cancer survivor.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks girls! 

I do like my coworkers.  My work BFF is coming, but she will be about 5 months pregnant, so no drinking for her, bummer.  The only thing that sucks, is it's 15 guys and 4 girls.  So us girls always end up tagging along on "boy things".  I'm so pumped my boss liked my idea of spa services for the girls!

And, epphd- this is why I work for a for-profit.  The perks are am-az-ing.  For real.  I freaking love my job.

• Options
    epphdepphd member
    imageThe_Jen626:

And, epphd- this is why I work for a for-profit.  The perks are am-az-ing.  For real.  I freaking love my job.

I'd probably feel like a lost little lamb in the for-profit world.  I've only worked in universities and research institutions.  I guess that our mission is to cure cancer should make up for the lower pay and bennies, but sometimes... mama wants some swag!!

I am a runner, knitter, scientist, DE-IVF veteran, and stage III colon cancer survivor.
  • Options

Yes

Although nonprofit work has a different kind of benefit! Have a GREAT time!

• Options
    This sounds like a lot of fun!  Have a great time!
  • Options
    imageepphd:
    imageThe_Jen626:

I'd probably feel like a lost little lamb in the for-profit world.  I've only worked in universities and research institutions.  I guess that our mission is to cure cancer should make up for the lower pay and bennies, but sometimes... mama wants some swag!!

E the work you do is so much more important! Seriously. Also, please post an update on your blog, I love reading about your little guy. How's it going being back at work?
  • Options
    Since you negotiated, I'm wondering if you can extend the rates and have your DH and DD fly out to meet you?!!
  • Options
    imagetrinny:
    Since you negotiated, I'm wondering if you can extend the rates and have your DH and DD fly out to meet you?!!
    Which would be totally awesome! But that weekend is our 5 year anniversary, and we already have a dun trip planned to a local hotel that we love. So it will be fun and way more romantic!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"