Pre-School and Daycare

Frozen blueberries for pancakes?

DD has been asking for blueberry pancakes but blueberries are out of season now, so I bought some frozen ones just in case. Will those work? Do I thaw them first? Do they actually taste good, or should I just use them to make smoothies? TIA!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Frozen blueberries for pancakes?

• Yep, they'll work fine.  Just make sure you thaw them then let them sit in a collander to drain all the excess water out. 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Probably run them thru some lukewarm water to thaw them. They might be a tad soggy but still good.

I love that picture of vintage Dana. So cute!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imagekada626:

Probably run them thru some lukewarm water to thaw them. They might be a tad soggy but still good.

This is what i do and they taste fine! Frozen berries is all i usually buy because fresh can get really expensive; that's all logan wants!

• I always buy them over fresh too, and they are good!  Sometimes for baking the recipe will say to toss them in a little flour so that they don't sink in the batter.  But for pancakes you can just sprinkle them on top once you pour the batter in the pan.
  • I actually just put them into the pancake batter frozen and by the time the pancakes are cooked they are thawed and warm.  I do the same with frozen raspberries and I have some frozen peaches I want to try.

I also add a little vanilla extract to my pancake batter so that we use less syrup.

Heather Margaret --- Feb '07 and Todd Eldon --- April '09
  • Cool, we'll make these tomorrow. I am completely OCD about some things, including distribution of blueberries in each pancake, so I just place blueberries in each pancake as I cook them.

Bakerella's blueberry cornmeal pancakes are the only kind I make now. YUM!

• imagebrightning:

Cool, we'll make these tomorrow. I am completely OCD about some things, including distribution of blueberries in each pancake, so I just place blueberries in each pancake as I cook them.

Bakerella's blueberry cornmeal pancakes are the only kind I make now. YUM!

Lol, I do that too! They have to be placed about 3/4 inch apart through the pancake... Weird!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"