Austin Babies
Options

Pecan St. Art Festival

Would you bring a baby to this? I've never been, but I know how crowded 6th St. can get, so I'm just wondering if I'll be able to easily navigate a stroller.

Re: Pecan St. Art Festival

• Options
    We took C last year in the BOB and it was definitely a challenge to navigate because of the crowds.  Also, it made it hard to go into any of the booths.  Do you have a sling you could use?
    image Bloom Photography Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We went last year with the baby in the stroller and it was ok.  No drunk people but we went in the morning and were gone before noon so maybe it got busier in the afternoon. IDK
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I went last year with a friend and she took her baby in a stroller, it wasn't bad at all.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We are going and have gone every year, never had a problem with drunk people but only go during the day as well.  I plan to wear DD this year as I think it would be much easier that way.  It really gets crowded.
  • Options

I'd say definitely go earlier in the day - and pp thought of a sling is a great idea.

The problems I've had that I can see with a baby would be a challenge:

- Heat (not a lot of shade outside the booths)
    - And crowds.

Early in the day should ease both of  those. There are always a ton of children there when I've been.

• Options

imageNoVA-grl:
    We took C last year in the BOB and it was definitely a challenge to navigate because of the crowds.  Also, it made it hard to go into any of the booths.  Do you have a sling you could use?

I have a Moby wrap but I haven't tried to wear H in two months or so. I could never really get a good fit, so it's just collecting dust right now. Not sure if the Pecan St. Art Festival is the time to try it out again though...

• Options
    images-a-r-a-h:

imageNoVA-grl:

I have a Moby wrap but I haven't tried to wear H in two months or so. I could never really get a good fit, so it's just collecting dust right now. Not sure if the Pecan St. Art Festival is the time to try it out again though...

The only way the Moby works for me is to have DD facing out.  So her back to my belly and her arms/legs hanging free. If that makes sense!  But it's comfortable for both of us! 

• Options

We took the boys to this when it was here last, so 6 months ago.  It was fine.  There are always tons of strollers and there's enough room to get around. 

ETA:  It is crowded so we had to move slowly, but that was fine with us since we wanted to look around.  I've never seen drunk people but have also only been during the day.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"