Attachment Parenting
Options

Toy ?

S is officially crawling- everywhere!!!

We are not much of a toy family and have a few great rattles and instruments from Plan Toys and Haba.  We have an activity mat that S has outgrown and now crawls under and tosses around to amuse herself.  We have a smaller house and I have never liked "stuff".  I am not opposed to the plastic toys but I hate how overstimulating some are.

I would like to get a select few things that will keep her engaged and interested.  We do spend most of our time together exploring outside, in the kitchen or around the house.  Now that she is mobile I would like to give her some more things to play with that will also grow with her.

I like my 45 mins of coffee and reading in the morning and usually I sit on the floor with her while she happily plays.  We just hang out and for this time of day a few great toys would be fantastic!

Suggestions?

Re: Toy ?

• Options

DS is a bit older, but he really loves his Plan Toys walker with blocks.

He also has an wooden activity cube that he really likes...  Similar to pic below.

BFP#1 May 17, 2008
    Surgery for ectopic pregnancy June 3, 2008
    BFP #2 September 25, 2008
    Baby boy born June 4, 2009 at 40 weeks
    8 pounds 13 ounces and 23 inches
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP #3 February 6, 2011
    First U/S February 25, 2011 = TWINS!!!
    Boy/girl twins born October 4, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We have one of those wooden activity cubes too although kiddo hasn't used it much :-(

Honestly, he hasn't seemed to need a ton of toys.  I'd go for some blocks and a ring stacker, and a shape sorter.  I really like the Plan toys ones.  We got some soft rubber-ish blocks at Target when he was about that age - they were a big hit as he could chew on them too.  It will be a while before she can actually sort and stack but kiddo still seemed to enjoy those things as soon as he could sit.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagencbelle:

We have one of those wooden activity cubes too although kiddo hasn't used it much :-(

Honestly, he hasn't seemed to need a ton of toys.  I'd go for some blocks and a ring stacker, and a shape sorter.  I really like the Plan toys ones.  We got some soft rubber-ish blocks at Target when he was about that age - they were a big hit as he could chew on them too.  It will be a while before she can actually sort and stack but kiddo still seemed to enjoy those things as soon as he could sit.

that was going to be my suggestion, too.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"