Georgia Babies
Options

I won't ruin my body with pregnancy.

Re: I won't ruin my body with pregnancy.

• Options
    As much as I love JM....I don't see how she can say remarks like that.  I mean, isn't her JOB helping people get the body they want NO MATTER WHAT?
  • Options
    Ehh, I think the headline is misleading.  I think she said her body couldn't handle the pregnancy not that she would ruin it.  Regardless, it is her choice to have children or not and I didn't view it as a slam on women who get pregnant.  Her body is her livelihood so I can understand her concerns.  There was a pretty extensive discussion on 2nd tri about this last week. https://community.thenest.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/35554206.aspx
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

The thing that made me dislike her here is her wording choice. "I wouldn't do THAT to my body...."   Thats not the way to say it. Would have come off better if she would have said something like, I'd prefer not to put my body through what could be, some drastic changes. Being in the public eye, she should know better.

And in my opinion: she ain't all that hot anyway! HAH!  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
  • Options
    I'm not offended or anything. And now that quote is showing up everywhere I bet she wishes she hadn't stated it like that but who cares, being pregnant isn't for everyone and hell, at least she knows what she doesn't want. Honestly, I thought I would hate, hate, hate being pregnant. Turns out I absolutely love it. She might be in the dark with misconceptions too. Kind of sounds like it.
  • Options

to each their own.  but doesn't she know that people who are in awesome shape have a much easier time with pregnancy and bouncing back?  besides, its not like she's got good boobs now, lol!

• Options
    I'm not offended by it either....I mean she's right ;)   I dont know anyone who loves their body/boobs, etc post pregnancy.  She's definately not a baby hater...I believe she wants to adopt. 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersbr> Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

To each their own but I don't like her choice of words.  Personally I would ruin my body a million times just to see Ava's smile!  It is a very selfish thing for her to say but at least she can publicly say why she doesn't want to get pregnant.  I think she is off base though.  Plenty of stars have kids and get right back into shape.  Plus like Heather said she is in shape now so she would have a good pregnancy.  And you can workout during your pregnancy to say fit.  It's nothing a little push up bra couldn't fix.  ;)

photo bigsister032_zps1fdfe81e.jpgLilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My main issue is she tells 400lb people that they can get in shape and look good and lose weight and then turn around and say that pregnancy will "ruin" her body.  I don't think she is a baby hater and I do hope she adopts a baby like she says she wants.  I just feel its hypocritical of her to say what she did about pregnancy in particular.  Especially since millions of her fans (me included) are counting on using her products and methods to get back into shape post pregnancy.  And not only that but isn't there research that shows that women who have babies and breastfeed lower their risks of cancer?  OK, so maybe we don't "look" perfect, but I guess I don't mind looking imperfect if I am not in a casket.
  • Options
    I just sounds to me like she has a different set of priorities.
  • Options
    The headline is totally misleading.  She never used the word "ruin."  And, we have no idea what she meant when she said, "I could never do that to my body."  Maybe she's talking about nausea or maybe she's prone to depression and the hormones would be intolerable.  We have no idea what she meant.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"