Single Parents
Options

A proper introduction

Hello ladies!

I've posted on here a couple of times now. I'm offically a single mother now, and actually happy about it (at least today I am). I don't know what to call my husband at this point, after hours and hours of conversation yesterday (after I tracked him down) we settled on getting a legal seperation. I've printed out the petition and will be starting the paperwork tonight.

I told him that I wanted him to leave me and DD alone, not contact at all. We agreed that if he wouldn't do that I would file for a restraining order.

We chose a legal seperation because I really don't want to be in a relationship with anyone for a long time. He has a stigma with divorce and doesn't wan to be like his BD in that aspect, but I didn't want him to be able to just walk back in whenever he wanted to, he's very manipulative and thus the restraining order. And to be honest I still love the guy, he's not a bad person at all, just a very very sick person who needs to get a lot help.

We finally had an understanding, and we separated on good terms. He finally understood how much damage had been done not only to our relationship but to us both as individuals.

I'm at my IL's for the time, but my sister and I talked last night and decided that we are going to rent a house together, so it will be affordable for both of us.

I don't want to be a wife, girlfriend, or SO, I just want to be a good mother and forget everything else right now. I'm finally beggining to feel like I can have my life back, after 3 years.

Re: A proper introduction

• Options
    Welcome, you mentioned that your H is an addict (if I remember correctly) in a previous post.  I just wanted to say that I completely understand what you are going through-I found out in July that my STBXH was doing meth.  I am sorry for the circumstances but you are in the right place.  The ladies here are very supportive.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Ok, now I completely remember your story!  You changed your siggy so you threw me for a second!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageachase123:
    Ok, now I completely remember your story!  You changed your siggy so you threw me for a second!

Yeah the old siggy had AH (addict husband) and DD cuddled up, I didn't want to look at it every time I posted.

THank you for your support.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"