Single Parents
Options

Am I Totally Off Base Here? ::vent::

Trying not to make this too long.  I'm staying at XFI this week because he leaves Tues. for BMT til Nov. He asked if I would so he could spend time with Miki and I said okay because the drive is an hour long and to do that everyday would be ridiculous.  We were also really enjoying each other and had wanted to talk about maybe seeing where things could go whenever he gets home. 

So, I've been out here since Monday.  No car (mine is being worked on til Sunday) and the baby has been so fussy and gasy.  I'm also staying in the guest house with his 90 year old grandma (who I love, but everyone knows that after awhile, the same stories want to drive you insane)... X has had to go to the base to do paperwork and training things so he has been in and out all week, which I knew when I agreed.  However, he is coming back saying he is totally exhausted and hasn't even spent anytime with Mikayla and gets annoyed whenever she starts fussing. 

Yesterday he had to do paperwork and said he would be back around 2 and we could go out for a bit.  Instead, I got a phone call at 2 saying he is going to lunch and would be back later.  At 5 he comes back and is moody and tired and tells me we can run to the store but that's it.  Today, we were suppose to leave Miki with his sister and go out for drinks tonight since neither of us has really yet to do that, and now he doesn't want to do that, or go to our dinner reservation and he doesn't understand why I'm disappointed and getting testy. 

Am I really being that selfish? I wouldn't have offered to stay out here so he could spend time with M if I'd have known I'd be here with her alone, stranded and throwing off her routine...I'm ready to call it quits and throw in the towel.   

Re: Am I Totally Off Base Here? ::vent::

• Options
    imagekjh44:

Trying not to make this too long.  I'm staying at XFI this week because he leaves Tues. for BMT til Nov. He asked if I would so he could spend time with Miki and I said okay because the drive is an hour long and to do that everyday would be ridiculous.  We were also really enjoying each other and had wanted to talk about maybe seeing where things could go whenever he gets home. 

So, I've been out here since Monday.  No car (mine is being worked on til Sunday) and the baby has been so fussy and gasy.  I'm also staying in the guest house with his 90 year old grandma (who I love, but everyone knows that after awhile, the same stories want to drive you insane)... X has had to go to the base to do paperwork and training things so he has been in and out all week, which I knew when I agreed.  However, he is coming back saying he is totally exhausted and hasn't even spent anytime with Mikayla and gets annoyed whenever she starts fussing. 

Yesterday he had to do paperwork and said he would be back around 2 and we could go out for a bit.  Instead, I got a phone call at 2 saying he is going to lunch and would be back later.  At 5 he comes back and is moody and tired and tells me we can run to the store but that's it.  Today, we were suppose to leave Miki with his sister and go out for drinks tonight since neither of us has really yet to do that, and now he doesn't want to do that, or go to our dinner reservation and he doesn't understand why I'm disappointed and getting testy. 

Am I really being that selfish? I wouldn't have offered to stay out here so he could spend time with M if I'd have known I'd be here with her alone, stranded and throwing off her routine...I'm ready to call it quits and throw in the towel.   

No you are not selfish at all, what you did by going out there is far far far from selfish.

I'm sorry he is really taking advantage of your offer and you coming out there. Ughhh men.

image www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker
  • Options

I don't think you are being selfish at all. If this is any indication of how life with BD will be like, it is obviously not what you would like. Maybe this week was a good learning experience so you won't be holding onto false hope until he gets home in November.

Sorry you are having such a hard time with DD. A fussy baby in a strange place is no fun at all!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagepeeps61308:

I don't think you are being selfish at all. If this is any indication of how life with BD will be like, it is obviously not what you would like. Maybe this week was a good learning experience so you won't be holding onto false hope until he gets home in November.

Sorry you are having such a hard time with DD. A fussy baby in a strange place is no fun at all!!

This.  Word for word.

I was concerned when you said things were going so good and you were contemplating giving it another try because eventually I figured the honeymoon period would wear off.  It sounds like it has.  But I believe that if you truly aren't supposed to be with someone you will get clear signs that will point you to the right choice.  I would say based on your post you have all of the signs/red flags/indications that you need. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I agree.  I'm sitting here in boarderline tears because he is being so rude to us.  After his going away party tomorrow, I'm going home instead of staying until Tuesday... He apparently hasn't learned he can't treat people like shiit and expect them to stick around. 
  • Options

imagekjh44:
    I agree.  I'm sitting here in boarderline tears because he is being so rude to us.  After his going away party tomorrow, I'm going home instead of staying until Tuesday... He apparently hasn't learned he can't treat people like shiit and expect them to stick around. 

I'm sorry it hurts right now but at least you know you tried your best and gave it everything you had. And he is the one who later in life has to look back with regrets.

No tears... No no no. I wont allow it. Want to hear a knock knock joke? hehehe

image www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"