Breastfeeding

Nursing tops?

Any recommendations for some good nursing tops?  I got most of my maternity clothing from Gap and Old Navy, but am disappointed by their nursing clothes selection.  I got a couple of the nursing cami/tanks from Target, but they're not really shirts to wear out of the house, unless they're layered under a cardigan or something.  I'd love to hear where you got your favorite shirts.  Thanks!

Re: Nursing tops?

• I typically wear the Target nursing tanks under a button-down short-sleeve non-nursing top. Or even under a regular shirt (without buttons) that I will just lift up. I could never find cute, affordable nursing tops that didn't look like nursing tops.
  • I get mine from motherhood maternity.  They don't have that great of a selection though.  I also just where a tank that is easy to pull down underneath a regular shirt.  You lift up the shirt, pull down the tank, stomach is not hanging out...
  • Loading the player...
  • Those Target tanks are the staple of my nursing wardrobe, along with a couple Bravado tanks. I just throw another tank or a shirt or a sweater over them and voila, discreet nursing with no bare stomach! I also wear a lot of non-nursing tops that either button down or are easy to pull aside. Funny enough my absolute BEST nursing top came from Express and isn't a nursing top at all. Don't waste money trying to buy clothes made for breastfeeding unless you really really love them, they tend to be more expensive and mostly unnecessary.
  • imageBridezookie:
    I typically wear the Target nursing tanks under a button-down short-sleeve non-nursing top. Or even under a regular shirt (without buttons) that I will just lift up. I could never find cute, affordable nursing tops that didn't look like nursing tops.

This.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • I have never worn my nursing tops. I wear a nursing tank under just about any shirt. It works fine.
  • I think a beautifully styled nursing top is so much nicer than a nursing cover.  I go 50/50 between casual days with just tanks and layers- and dressier days with a nice fashion top.  They can be expensive- and if you are only going to nurse for 3 months- may not be worth it- but I typically nurse my kids for 2 years and can hopefully get two seasons out of the investment...

I am so in love with this design right now it's on the top of my wish list:

https://www.milknursingwear.com/store/pc/Radiant-nursing-top-20p1296.htm

One word of advice though... if you are a leaky mom like me- you may want to avoid solid colors like this red top- and go for something with a jazzy print - it will hide leaks/stains so much better- where the solids give you away in an instant.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"